• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serpa Fail!

groovedrummer

imported post

meh, Im not gonna worry about it.

With all the tens of thousands of serpa holsters out there, theres bound to be a failure or 2.

So if the 0.01% chance of a serpa lock problem bugs you...spend $50 on a leather thumb break.

Dahwg

imported post

My main holster is the Safariland 6280 for OC plan on getting a crossbreed for the rare occasions that I CC, I think it's more comfortable and worth the additional $$$. I'm wondering though if this is one of the original Serpas that were notorious for this. I don't know enough about the design changes that Blackhawk made to be able to tell from looking at the video.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Definitely an older Serpa. They used to pop off the paddle like that one did in the video.

The new ones won't do that.

My guess is that the odds of the button getting stuck are unchanged, however.

PAPACHUCK

imported post

Take a close look at Safariland's ALS paddle holster.

Safe and fast, well built and competitive with the Serpa and much more of a holster.

Compare for yourself.

Dahwg

imported post

PAPACHUCK wrote:
Take a close look at Safariland's ALS paddle holster.

Safe and fast, well built and competitive with the Serpa and much more of a holster.

Compare for yourself.

I am stuck with the older SLS because they don't make this one for my gun yet. Not complaining though. My serpa became a drawer dweller the second I brought my Safariland home.

david.ross

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
I am stuck with the older SLS because they don't make this one for my gun yet. Not complaining though. My serpa became a drawer dweller the second I brought my Safariland home.
Well if you used a perfect gun like a Glock, you would be able to use the Safariland Raptor Level III holster with the Level V upgrade. ;)

Dreamer

imported post

If the Serpa CQC is good enough for the US Marine Corps to use in service in Afganistan, and the DOD in general (issued with ALL newly issued M9A1's) then it's good enough for me.

I own 2 Serpa CQCs, and they both work flawlessly.

Just like your firearm, keep them clean, and they just WORK...

Mas49.56

imported post

Equipment sometimes fails. I had my carry Glock 23 go kaboom from a case head failure (Federal Hydra shocks), lesson learned. I ALWAYS carry a BUG, anything can and will fail given time IMHO.

I repaired the Glock and she is fine now years later. :)

nova

imported post

marshaul wrote:
My guess is that the odds of the button getting stuck are unchanged, however.
I remember hearing that Blackhawk made some changes to the release button to minimize the possibility of gravel or other debris keeping it from releasing.

Michigander

imported post

I'm a Safariland user, but I don't buy this. If they had a point to prove, aside from bad mouthing a company they maybe don't like for some unrelated reason, they should have shown what caused the malfunction.

My guess is the same as everyone elses, that it's an older model Serpa. With attitude the main talker in the movie had, it wouldn't surprise me if it was intentionally jammed.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

The holster used in the vid looks like the Sportster Serpa which is one of Blackhawks concealment line of holsters. The Sportster is only about half the cost of the CQCseries of Sepra concealment holsters. I would not compare the durability and reliability of the Sportster with the Duty and Tactical line.

groovedrummer

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
why does it look like hes using a 92fs holster?...

I think the question is why do you think it looks like a Beretta holster?

bh_serpa_tan.jpg

Serpa1911.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Can't believe another I love Serpa, I hate Serpa thread?

Doesn't anybody use the search function any more? :?

You don't like the Serpa - PM me and I'll give you a shipping address.

Yata hey

groovedrummer

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Can't believe another I love Serpa, I hate Serpa thread?

Doesn't anybody use the search function any more? :?

You don't like the Serpa - PM me and I'll give you a shipping address.

Yata hey
+1 for serpa

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have a SERPA for my XD45 and I absolutely love it. I have tried 4 or 5 others holsters before I found the SERPA.