• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VALLEJO PICNIC LOCATION CHANGE!!!!

brad9point0

imported post

Location had to be changed due to unfounded complaints from Greater Vallejo Recreation District.

New Location:

Independence Park on Mare Island Way. See attached map. More details in original picnic posting.

PLEASE PASS THE WORD!!!

brad9point0

imported post

Several, many people called and griped about it and the biggest one they used was "its right next to a pre-school" even though the law is on our side and it will be closed that day anyway. They were not flexing and time would not allow a fight so moving to a waterfront park and not having to pay a port-a-potty fee was a bonus too.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
Several, many people called and griped about it and the biggest one they used was "its right next to a pre-school" even though the law is on our side and it will be closed that day anyway. They were not flexing and time would not allow a fight so moving to a waterfront park and not having to pay a port-a-potty fee was a bonus too.

I suppose they were concerned that the many unloaded, holstered firearms might accidentally club the pre-schoolers who wont be there on the weekend to death.

They will complain no matter where you decide to have it.

brad9point0

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
brad9point0 wrote:
I suppose they were concerned that the many unloaded, holstered firearms might accidentally club the pre-schoolers who wont be there on the weekend to death.

My thoughts exactly. But we are not as smart as the people that run a bankrupt city that has severe crime problems etc. oh wait they are the ones that made it like that.....

heliopolissolutions

imported post

What absolute hogwash!

They sent you a letter denying you your capacity to assemble in that area?

Please post more.