• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need a few sources

Theguy

imported post

I have a history paper due soon, and my topic is "The History of Gun Control"

does anyone know of any online sources I could use, especially on the racist origins of gun control?

thanks in advance

eye95

imported post

Theguy wrote:
I can't really say that it does.

what I'm looking for is a website I can use as a source (actually 2 websites)
I won't recommend any specific sites. I recommend you choose one pro- and one anti-gun-control. This balance will make any conclusions you draw more credible.

I expect the pro- site would come off badly in comparison to the anti- site. Don't make that happen in your paper. Just allow it to.

M

McX

imported post

after seeing good 'ol col. momar's smiling mug on here, i had an old joke i just had to throw out here; do you know why quaddaffi doesn't go to the bars anymore?

he gets bombed at home.:lol:

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

You can probably find sources. Tennessee changed its State constitution in 1870. It was done to limit handguns. They passed a law limiting how and what type of handguns could carried. State law from 1871 to 1989 was open carry in the hand of only the army or navy pistol. I think it was 1879 when Tennessee banned the sale of any handgun except the army or navy.

These were the first saturday night special laws. They werespecifically adopted to prevent blacks from carrying. They didn't want blacks carrying weapons when the went into town on saturday night "n-word town saturady night".