• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going-to-be open carrier has gut-wears suspenders

MLTSnoCoWA

imported post

Hope this is in the right forum. I've worn suspenders for years and cannot figure how to open carrya piece about the size/wgt of a Bersa Thunder from my "belt"!I can't be the only one beltless who carries. My thinking is to a belt threaded thru the loops and the whole shebang held up w/suspenders. Plz adv.

Dahwg

imported post

How about an instructor's belt?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=1398715640

1398715640.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

marshaul wrote:
I think your thinking is right, you'll need a belt and suspenders.

Perhaps you could get a Sam Browne type rig.
Yes, a belt will be needed, but there is an easy solution.

Wally World sells suspenders that have a "J" hook on each strap that goes under a belt, as opposed to button or snap suspenders. The are solid color, wide strap style and when hooked-up will support your pants and anything on the belt very comfortably w/o tightening the belt much at all.

Check them out - I like them so much I have 3 pair in different colors: black, red & tan.

Yata hey

PoppaGary

imported post

Grapeshot beat me to it....those are great suspenders.

They also have the kind that have a single clip on the side, it could go just behind a holster.

But, I think the OP wanted to know how to use sans belt.....that is a little tougher and unless the pants were similar to fairly heavy weight jeans, don't know of a holster that would just hang on the top hem of pants w/o a belt.

I guess that would be why they made shoulder and ankle holsters. ;)

Gary