• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who carrys a Kahr P9

Bronson

imported post

Do you want an OC holster with a retention strap? For the IWB I would recommend UBG Holsters http://ubgholsters.com/. Nate does great work. He doesn't really do custom stuff though so getting an OWBholster with a retention strap from him probably won't happen.

He refers all of his custom requests to Tim Start at High Desert Leather http://www.highdesertleather.com/and Tim could probably make you one of his Hipster or Kanga models with a retenction strap, but you should really ask him. Just a personal note: I tried a paddle style and it was ok in the comfort dept. I still wanted an OWB that I could remove easily and tried the style that has straps that snap around your belt (like HDL's Hipster or UBG's Regulator) and have never looked back. They are very secure and much more comfortable than a paddle style.

I have two of UBG's Regulator holsters and I've handled a couple of HDL's holsters and while they were similar designs I think Nate at UBG does a little better on the small details...hence the slightly higher price. HDL's holsters are very good but and they will work but I find UBG's to be great holsters.

Just my take.

Bronson

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

My first handgun was a kahr p9. I bought it in early 2001. I carried in a ky-tac kydex iwb holster which worked well for several years. I have a few other kahrs and their owb thumb break de santis holster isn't bad.

nickelk9andkytac.jpg

kytacandp9kahr.jpg

kytaciwbonperson.jpg

nickelkahrk9withholsterdesantis.jpg

kahrk9indesantisholsterthumbbreak.jpg

k40s.jpg