• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheap Wallmart ammo. Not.

tyguy808

imported post

That brand is actually okay to shoot, but not for that price. My "guy" at Walmart told me that they cannot get their hands on anything in pistol calibers. He told me that to fill the gaps, Walmart is buying any ammo they can get. I think you'll find that that particular ammo will sit on the shelf, for a long long time. They've had the same 40ish boxes at the Bellingham store for 3 weeks, the Mt. Vernon Super-Walmart has the same problem.

On the other hand, every now and then I do find Remington UMC 1000 boxes at the Bellingham store. 9mm goes for 51 for 250, 40 goes for 72 and 45 goes for 85. The UMC seems to be pretty good ammo, for plinking or range stuff.

You'll probably be looking at $10-12 a box for WWB once Walmart can get it. The WWB VP was$21 for 9mm and $32 for for 45.

tyguy808

imported post

911Boss wrote:
I fear WWB days are over. Only WWB I've seen lately is .357Sig
Fear not, Boss, I have been seeing it around. It's expensive where I have seen it. But it's still around. I saw a WWB VP 100 round box, 9mm for 37 dollars recently. They're taking advantage of the recent shortage.

nofoa

imported post

Never bought CCI 22LR before the shortage, but last time i was at walmart i bought 100 rounds for 7 bucks. I've been waiting on them to get in some federal bulk 22lr boxes.

Nosrac

imported post

My only complaint about WWB is it's dirty! I reload and rarely shoot WWB although I have a case+ left. I really notice the difference from reloads and WWB.

unknownsailor

imported post

I remember getting9mm white box for $13.67 at Oak Harbor in 2007. I still have a box of it in storage.

I get my ammo from online vendors now.

jbone

imported post

Same here, three weeks back I bought 4 50 ct WWB at 11.97. Went back to the same walmart only a week later and they had that RSW brand at over $16 for 50. I keep walking.

kchau

imported post

well i guess you guys wouldnt be happy that i went to renton walmart and bought 6 boxes of federal .40 for 13.97, then went back a few days later and bought 4 more boxes.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nofoa wrote:
Never bought CCI 22LR before the shortage, but last time i was at walmart i bought 100 rounds for 7 bucks. I've been waiting on them to get in some federal bulk 22lr boxes.

Picked up 6boxes of the Federal Bulk .22lr at the Covington Walmartthis past weekend. $11-something for 375 rounds.

They have it hidden under the counter, not visible in the case.

David.Car

imported post

The only thing I have been picking up lately are 100 shell 12 ga packs and the Winchester 333 .22 packs (my Ruger loves them).

Everything else is crazy... Makes me sad to even look at it.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

kchau wrote:
well i guess you guys wouldnt be happy that i went to renton walmart and bought 6 boxes of federal .40 for 13.97, then went back a few days later and bought 4 more boxes.
Was this anytime recently?
Cause last I went there 1.5-2 weeks ago they had a sign that said max 2 box limit per customer...unless you went more than once to get dem 6 boxes.

kchau

imported post

ive beenc hecking walmart on and off for the past 3 weeks, i picked up my ammo within the last week (over spring break)

and ive never seen the 2 box limit, the only sign ive seen is the 6 box per customer per day