• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville,KY Cinemark Tinseltown

rentamedic

imported post

Louisville,KY Cinemark Tinseltown

On March 30 2010 Amber and me went to tinseltown to see a moive which let out about 515pm.

On are way out to the car I seen what I belived to be the management talking to a person in a ford suv.

Was thinking nothing of it as I went to help Amber out of her wheel chair and in to the car the suv pulls up behind us.

At this point I had Amber in the car as I turn around I see a man walking to me lucky for both of us I see his badge for as I’m turning around he lefts up his shirt and I see a gun.

Why he did not say police first before he did this I do not know he was with Louisville Metro Police. Turns out my gun had become out in the open.

Told him I had a ccdw and he asked to see it I let me get my id as it was on the same side as my gun. And told me that Cinemark did not allow firearms this I had not known or seen.

Other than him lifting up his shirt first he was nice and said he could see with the shirt I had I that I was trying to cc.

He give me back my id and went back over to the person with management.

I’m posting this to get input as to.

Why did he left up his shirt before saying anything?

How do I get a hold of Cinemark to ask of their management policies?

As you all can tell my spelling and grammar is not the best could someone send them a email or call about this for I do not want to sound redneck or Bering bad light to this site for I sometimes mix my words and it comes out wrong.

Thank you

For your time

And any help

Eric

langzaiguy

imported post

Perhaps the police officer lifted his shirt to make his gun more accessible in case he needed to use it. Sounds like the situation went decently. I think he had RAS to ask you for your CCDW as you had been, or were trying to conceal. Was the cop at least down to earth and reasonable?

chris in va

imported post

Apparently this happened downtown to a member as well. Plainclothes LEO lifted his shirt for ID instead of a badge. Frankly I think it's tacky.

FWIW Cinema DeLux just removed their 'no weapons' signs at the Preston Hwy theater. They literally cut off the whole section from the decals.

Ivan Sample

imported post

I carried my gun into tinseltown movie theatre and had no problems. Thats because my gun was concealed and no one saw it. When going to places, you have to always be away of your gun and that means wearing the right clothes. :)