• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hi point cafe

M

McX

imported post

thanks guys for all the input. i learned alot. i guess the standard box ammo will be best, i heard tell of hollow point feed problems. it's still my gun of choice, yes i agree concealed is a bit hard, but it can be overcome. i've gotten used to the weight and size, so that's not an issue for me. the durability is what amazes me!

KYKevin

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Fluff and buff http://www.ktog.org/tecwerks10.htm

Waffles are often to increase stiffness (section density) without a large increase in mass.

Compensating ports are supposed to help with muzzle flip. They're holes etched in the muzzle end of the barrel - with matching holes in the slide/shroud - to act like little reaction motors.

Over the years my ultrasonic sinks have gotten bigger with each purchase. I am without at the moment, having burned up another too small one. I use them primarily to clean bicycle chain (more than $100 now) and I've got a bunch.
Oh you had to go and mention KTOG. :)I own a sub 2000 40 cal. God I love it. Now to find an open carry holster for it. LOL Just kidding. But I love to shoot the darn thing.

M

McX

imported post

stainless, you sure know how to hurt a guy's feelings.;)

marrero jeff

imported post

well mcx, once again i am probly the odd man out for telling you this, but hi-points are unreliable, unergonomic, and cheaply made. frankly its better used as a hammer. and it is so unergonomic it has much more recoil than you think. jams are a regular occurance with that brand. and wolf ammunition is crap too. if you dont have a lot of money and can't afford the sigs, Hks, etc... try to find a used ruger or glock, theyll serve you much better than that hi-point. i have experienced multiple jams from every hi-point i've shot. and they were all brand new

marrero jeff

imported post

how many rounds have you put through yours without malfunctions? when it comes to guns you get what you pay for. and when you get a gun for $150 you shouldnt stake your life on it.

Decoligny

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
well mcx, once again i am probly the odd man out for telling you this, but hi-points are unreliable, unergonomic, and cheaply made. frankly its better used as a hammer. and it is so unergonomic it has much more recoil than you think. jams are a regular occurance with that brand. and wolf ammunition is crap too. if you dont have a lot of money and can't afford the sigs, Hks, etc... try to find a used ruger or glock, theyll serve you much better than that hi-point. i have experienced multiple jams from every hi-point i've shot. and they were all brand new

In otherwords, they weren't broken in probperly, and they hadn't had a proper "buff and fluff", i.e. the feed ramp hadn't been polished by either having enoughrounds gothrough the gun, or it hadn't been polished by a dremel tool.

Hi-Points need a little TLC when they come out of the box. They need minor adjustments to the magazines, and they need to have the feed ramp polished. This is a well known factor with these firearms.

Once these adjustments have been done, the Hi-Point is an extremelyreliable, unergonomic, ugly, inexpensive pistol.

When I took my C9 out of the box, it jammed about once every other magazinefired. I then read up on the adjustments, made them, and have over 2,000 rounds through it, and have had maybe two or three "limp wrist" jams, my own fault, not the gun.

bomber

imported post

actually it was $125, NIB.

brand new i put about 300 rounds through with no malfunctions yet. and yeah, i shot wolf through it with no problems either. and no, i didnt fluff and buff it. and the gun is more accurate than i am.

knock it if you want to, but until you start offering to pony up the money for a springfield or a kimberfor people like me who can't afford more expensive pistols, you can shut your mouth. self defense shouldn't just be for the rich. hipoint makes a solid firearm at a price that anyone can afford. if it doesnt work, they fix it, free, no questions asked. if you don't like it, dont buy it.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
how many rounds have you put through yours without malfunctions? when it comes to guns you get what you pay for. and when you get a gun for $150 you shouldnt stake your life on it.
I have had stovepipes and miss-feeds with my $1200 Springfield. He is staking his life on the $.50 or less cartridge and the bullet which the cartridge expels with the assistance of the handgun. If it goes bang every time, it is hard to be critical of it...:dude:

cscitney87

imported post

you know hi point could sell the SHIT out of a little 9mm 4" or 5" something meant for CC

What's the future of Hi Point? Anybody been in contact with MKS Supply lately?

brokenbarrel

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Just got home from the range.

Purchased 100 .45ACP rounds, put 50 through my Taurus and only had one hiccup- a double ejection; happened once and I Had to re-cock the pistol. Smooth shooting; but I really do need some more practice with the .45 in such a compact frame and barrel.

My Hi Point .40 also had 50 more rounds through it today;

I still have an issue with the 2nd round when loading full 10 rounds. Every time, if I have 10 in the mag and fire; the pistol jams on the 2nd round ending up sideways in the chamber.

I load 9; the pistol performs perfectly every time. Not a single jam or issue at all.
I was keeping 9 rounds in the mag to loosen the spring; Going to load up all 10 rounds to try and loosen now; but the issue is if I need my pistol for self defense; I might have the 10 round issue. That's why I only kept 9 in the mag to loosen the spring before; so it was still very reliable to pickup and shoot.
So for now; 10 in my Hi Point until the magazine spring loosens up. I'll just hope, extra hard, I won't have to use it for self defense until I know the spring is loosened in that magazine.
2nd round in full mag was the prob with most hi-points first thing to do is polish the feed ramp they come from the factory with overspray,drimmel that thing should solve your prob...dont take my word for it i just have hi-point 380 that never jammed,i read about them before b4 i bought mine and knew what to do ahead of time..

M

McX

imported post

good come back cscitney! yeah, luggin big damn bricks they are. but the deterrent effect is awesome!