• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville,KY Cinemark Tinseltown

rentamedic

imported post

On March 30 2010 Amber and me went to tinseltown to see a moive which let out about 515pm.
On are way out to the car I seen what I belived to be the management talking to a person in a ford suv.
Was thinking nothing of it as I went to help Amber out of her wheel chair and in to the car the suv pulls up behind us.
At this point I had Amber in the car as I turn around I see a man walking to me lucky for both of us I see his badge for as I’m turning around he lefts up his shirt and I see a gun.
Why he did not say police first before he did this I do not know he was with Louisville Metro Police. Turns out my gun had become out in the open.
Told him I had a ccdw and he asked to see it I let me get my id as it was on the same side as my gun. And told me that Cinemark did not allow firearms this I had not known or seen.
Other than him lifting up his shirt first he was nice and said he could see with the shirt I had I that I was trying to cc.
He give me back my id and went back over to the person with management.

I’m posting this to get input as to.
Why did he left up his shirt before saying anything?
How do I get a hold of Cinemark to ask of their management policies?

As you all can tell my spelling and grammar is not the best could someone send them a email or call about this for I do not want to sound redneck or Bering bad light to this site for I sometimes mix my words and it comes out wrong.
Thank you
For your time
And any help
Eric

I had posted this in the ky group but felt more should see this sorry if im worng to the admin

eye95

imported post

I have a few questions.

I take it the cop was in plain clothes? He should have uncovered his weapon before approaching you, not while approaching you.

Does the theater not have a plainly posted sign? Absent that, it is reasonable for you to believe that, if you can legally OC or CC, then you can OC or CC in the theater until told otherwise--by management. It doesn't take a cop making unadvised moves to accomplish that.

Glad to hear you want to contact the central offices. Sorry that I can't help with that. The manager at you local theater should be able to give you that contact info.

rentamedic

imported post

I take it the cop was in plain clothes? yes he was

update i did get a call back told no firearms so i just told them guess i well be going to the other movie place from now on

eye95

imported post

Well, that's their right. (They really should post a sign before sending an officer your way.) And, you have the right to choose to watch movies elsewhere.

Freedom is a wonderful thing!