• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need people who to support Youth Shooting programs

Mitchell

imported post

Hello everyone,

I need people who love a good steak dinner, several different raffle games, live and silent auction. All money raised go to Michigan Youth Shooting programs. Such as BSA, 4H, Hunt of a life time, and many other youth shooting programs.

For more information drop a note or follow the link.

http://www.huronvalleyfnra.org/

G

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
from what I gather this organization in no way supports or endorses any events for or by minors, and they should not even be around guns.
Do you have any proof of this?

[line]
Watch for the UFO.

autosurgeon

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
from what I gather this organization in no way supports or endorses any events for or by minors, and they should not even be around guns.
Ahem you are drawing conclusions from a few IMOP rather misguided posts by a few members.

I don't think even those posters would have any problem with a youth shooting program.

I know I don't in fact I champion them at my local club!

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:
Ahem you are drawing conclusions from a few IMOP rather misguided posts by a few members.

I don't think even those posters would have any problem with a youth shooting program.

I understand now. The poorly written statement was a feeble attempt to disparage OCDO.

kyleplusitunes

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
kyleplusitunes wrote:

I understand now. The poorly written statement was a feeble attempt to disparage OCDO.

just the folks that should have been banned and were not.

G

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
forgive my generalization bud, but a lot of posts, leaning toward the majority of posts.
Do you happen to have any empirical data to support this broad generalization, sprout?

[line]Watch for the UFO.

G

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
no, just my personal observation.
It's just another feeble attempt then to disparage OCDO?

[line]Watch for the UFO.

MarineSgt

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
I laughed. I understand what you are referencing. I think that the idea of children OCing a firearm or look a like firearm in public with parental supervision while not actively engaging in an activity like shooting is probably a new one. This topic should probably be discussed and the laws regarding researched. Honestly, this isn't something I have thought about before. Except maybe when I was a kid running around the neighborhood with a BB gun. Oh the horror!

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Do you happen to have any empirical data to support this broad generalization, sprout?

C'mon now, was that necessary? No disrespect, I know I haven't been able to keep up to speed on the OCDO forums and there may be more behind this.

However, we must remember that we are all mortal. Which means we will all die one day. Therefore, just as procreation is vital to the continuation of our species so is the education and support of our young people regarding our firearms rights. Look, I know some things can seem so foolish that theyjust downright piss off the people that know better.I understand that carrying a firearm is very serious and we must train the young to not accept error. But we do not have to degrade them in the process.

This brings to mind the image of the old tired dog laying on the porch. The young puppy running around and pushing the ol' feller for some fun. The senior would prefer to focus his efforts on the bigger picture, but also knows the young pup must learn to handle himself as well. How often do you think the big dog would prefer to just bite the sprouts head off? But he doesn't. It isn't good for the survival of the species. And it isn't good for the survival of our rights either.

MarineSgt

imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:

C'mon now, was that necessary? No disrespect, I know I haven't been able to keep up to speed on the OCDO forums and there may be more behind this.

However, we must remember that we are all mortal. Which means we will all die one day. Therefore, just as procreation is vital to the continuation of our species so is the education and support of our young people regarding our firearms rights. Look, I know some things can seem so foolish that theyjust downright piss off the people that know better.I understand that carrying a firearm is very serious and we must train the young to not accept error. But we do not have to degrade them in the process.

This brings to mind the image of the old tired dog laying on the porch. The young puppy running around and pushing the ol' feller for some fun. The senior would prefer to focus his efforts on the bigger picture, but also knows the young pup must learn to handle himself as well. How often do you think the big dog would prefer to just bite the sprouts head off? But he doesn't. It isn't good for the survival of the species. And it isn't good for the survival of our rights either.
I think the "sprout" comment was a humorous acknowledgment of being called "bud" and was not meant as offensive or discriminatory of his age. :)

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

It could indeed have been. However there has not been a deficiency of words indicating young age that have been used in less than desirable circumstances. Now I sort of feel like I just stole from the OP, which was not my intention. I just want us all to fight our common enemy, not each other.