• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need your suggestion while travel with handgun

airwolf09

imported post

I will be traveling to MA this July and and stay in MA for a week. My in-law live in MA have their Class A MA license.

MA laws stated that "You can not carry a loaded firearm of any type inside any vehicle in Massachusetts without a class A permit issued by the state of Massachusetts."

But my NC CCW license is not accepted in NY, CT and MA. Since I am driving with my wife and kid and traveling at night time, I want to have my handgun with me for a peace of mind while traveling on vacation.

what would you suggest me to do? bring the gun to MA and hand it over to my in-law to store it when I get there and get it back when I'm driving back?

or

leave the gun back in NC and travel without it?

RegalNC

imported post

I suggest following the applicable laws for any state you travel in. If MA laws forbids loaded weapons inside a vehicle w/o a MA issued permit, I would not be the one violating that law. Why risk an arrest & ruin your vacation? JMHO

Sam

imported post

Just from what I read here, I would carry it unloaded but able to be loaded really flipping quick.