• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Popeyes in Covington LA.

tntorqu

imported post

Okay guess this may be old to some of you. But on march 22, 2010, the popeyes in covington was robbed. The manager was pushed back in the store, robber started slinging his gun around and saying give me the money. They gotten into a brawl, manager took the weapon and chased after the robber.

Anyways, my dumba** didn't know that the popeyes i went to was robbed. I walked in there with my wife to get the special they were selling for $19.99. 14 piece chicken with 2 large sides and 6 biscuits. IalwaysOCed in there.As soon as i walked in EVERYBODY was staring at me that worked in the back.:uhoh: There was a female cashier that was taking peoples orders. She looked at me but didnt pay no mind. But there was a general manager there and a crew member in the other room on the phone. I gotten a real bad vibe from it all. The general manager whispered something in her ear and she looked at me and went into the other room. The general manager wasn't nice and kept his word short and sweet for example "what you want". Now i just looked at the man and then my wife. I told him i just want the special. He said here or to go. My wife said here. The general manager eyes widened. I said baby we will go home and eat it. he gave me the total, i paid him and we waited. The girl went to go back to taking other peoples order. But the general manager and everyone else was staring at me. I was nice as possible. I told my wife ill go wait in the car, then i started thinking maybe i need to be an example about people that OC and show them i mean no harm. I whispered in my wifes hear and asked her are they still staring at me. She said yep. I told her you see why we need to go. She said yep. There was this black couple ahead of us and we gotten our food way before them and they were POed:banghead:. I then looked up about recent crimes in covington and popeyes was the first one on the list. If anyone sees a person with a gun they seem defenseless. I understand. I will still opencarry in there. But ill just be a little cautious in there.

If yall want to try it out be my guest. Just show themthat not everybody out there is trying to rob them. :celebrateGive them respect.

PAPACHUCK

imported post

The first thing that came to mind as I read your story, is that would have been a perfect opportunity to start a positive conversation with those around you. A chance to explain that you not only mean no harm to them, but would also be an asset if bad people showed up. A chance to explain that it is not only a RIGHT for an American to carry a weapon, but as some of us feel, a responsibility of citizenship. A rifle behind every blade of grass kinda thing. A chance to bring more of the sheep around to our way of thinking.

We carry 'cause we wish to be prepared, guns, phones, knives, flashlights, etc. It is also helpful to be prepared mentally, aware that when we open carry there will be some around us that aren't accustomed to seeing a person with a gun and no badge. Facial expressions expose someone's perception, and can be used to help determine if/what/how needs to be said.

Just as having the gun is a responsibility, so is being a good steward of the right.

Good for you keeping the scene neutral at least, for negativity could have arose.

JMHO

PAPACHUCK

BTW, I been in that Popeyes hundreds of times. I understood your senario.

VORiaSOI

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Gee, I wonder if a female employee were raped there if they'd treat every MALE who enters in the same manner.....................geez Louise.

Gee, I wonder if a guy was wrongfully charged by the police would he treat every POLICE OFFICER who he sees in the same manner............... geez Louise.

JeepSeller

imported post

VORiaSOI wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Gee, I wonder if a female employee were raped there if they'd treat every MALE who enters in the same manner.....................geez Louise.

Gee, I wonder if a guy was wrongfully charged by the police would he treat every POLICE OFFICER who he sees in the same manner............... geez Louise.
Bravo! :celebrate