Thread: Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell notes open carry already legal in Virginia restaurants

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/state_...o_budget/89994

SNIP

In the midst of the hour-long radio show, the governor also said that he will sign a bill that allows people who have concealed weapons permits to carry their guns into restaurants and bars as long as they are not drinking. A person carrying a weapon would not be required to alert restaurant personnel that he was carrying the gun.

“I’ll sign that bill,“ he said. “I don’t think there’s a good reason to not allow people to carry their firearms into restaurants. The ironic part is you can do it right now if you have open carry, you just can’t do it concealed.

“That doesn’t really make any sense to me,“ he said, noting that a private restaurant can have a no-weapons policy.

Post imported post

I bet what he meant was, it makes no sense that you can OC but not CC.

Post imported post

Looks like you can listen to the whole radio interview from here.

TFred

Post imported post

By the way, it's impossible to overstate the sense of relief to finally have a governor in office who speaks intelligently about important bills, and not the gibberish spoken by his predecessor to "excuse" his veto.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    ... impossible to overstate the sense of relief to finally have a governor in office who speaks intelligently about important bills...
    or other elected officals (name ommited here, but you know his 'logo')
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

double tap. thats not a good thing, is it?
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

vt800c wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    ... impossible to overstate the sense of relief to finally have a governor in office who speaks intelligently about important bills...
    Logo: the donkey?! If it weren't for some "DemonRatz" this bill would never have made it through the Senate and to the Governors desk.

At least McDonnell does seem to "get it" on this, however inarticulately.

Post imported post

I'm still not understanding the logic of "Alcohol Carry" bans.

If the reason for it is fear of a gun carrier getting drunk and acting poorly with his firearm; wouldn't you WANT the gun visible, so the bartender/server can actually tell who has one?

Not that it makes sense even under that guise... I know plenty of drunks I'd trust with a firearm before any so-called 'highly trained' Cop. But no one bats an eye when Cops go crazy, display incredible ineptitude, bad judgment, etc...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:
    vt800c wrote:
    TFred wrote:
    Logo: the donkey?! If it weren't for some "DemonRatz" this bill would never have made it through the Senate and to the Governors desk.

At least McDonnell does seem to "get it" on this, however inarticulately.
    Which party do we get to blame for not having this law last year, glove box carry 2 years ago, or having to wait until next year for another shot at repealing OGAM?