• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone ever attempted to UOC in Burbank, CA?

MADxBRAPPER

imported post

I would love to contribute to the cause but after a discussion with my local gun shop guy i am kind of leary. He said that if you attempt to UOC in Burbank the police will execute an inspection over and over and over again until you reach the city limit.Now this is under the assumptioni would be on the move which i wouldnt plan to be due to the ammount of planning i would have to do to make sure my route would not take me near any schools etc...I would stay in one place so i dont know what the laws are as to how many times they can inspect your weapon but he made it sound like it was boarder line harassment. I was in a rush so i couldnt sit there and hash it out with him and figured this would be the best place to ask and see if anyone has sucessfully UOC'ed in Burbank before and also if anyone had contact with BPD while UOC'ing and how it went. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.-MxB

eye95

imported post

I wonder who has more time to spare? The cops? Or, some guy (with a few well-placed witnesses in possession of some personal electronics) who has nothing better to do today than make cops who choose to act oppressively look really really bad.

This might be a fun way for an OC tourist to enjoy "Beautiful Downtown Burbank."

Velly interestink.

SavageOne

imported post

Saw this on another forum and was just dumb struck. I have seen several videos on Youtube of inspections in CA and never seen a one were the OC'er was held at gunpoint. The truly amazing thing to me is that this poster thought he had done a good job.

As a LEO I open carry quite often.
rock.gif
Off duty I usually conceal because lets face it. Crap happens...A LOT. Not to mention that California has a stick shoved up their ass when I comes to guns. I know the gun laws of the state so I don't freak when I see someone with a gun. I saw a guy the other day (really smart guy), open carrying an unloaded glock 22 in a level II serpa holster. Stopped, used the door of my car as cover with hand on sidearm ready to draw, asked him what he was doing with a gun out in the open on the street, he calmly and respectfully told me that he had been having problems with the neighbors between his house and his favorite convenience store, they had threatened him with great bodily harm so he was carrying an unloaded handgun and a mag to show that he refused to be their puppet and was prepared to defend himself if necessary. I have to admit I was impressed with his forwardness and calm attitude. I told him I was going to draw and point my gun at him as a safety measure then asked him to unholster his gun slowly, place it on the ground, and take a few steps back so that I could inspect it and make sure it was indeed unloaded. After inspection it was all ok. I shook his hand, talked with him for a few minuets, and went back on patrol. Thats how a situation SHOULD be handled in my opinion. I went home to my wife, guy was happy because he wasn't harassed (by me or his neighbors), and I didn't get a complaint on my record from a law abiding citizen. Everyone won and was happy. End of story.
tongue.gif

:what::what::what::what:

vegasche1023

imported post

SavageOne wrote:
Saw this on another forum and was just dumb struck. I have seen several videos on Youtube of inspections in CA and never seen a one were the OC'er was held at gunpoint. The truly amazing thing to me is that this poster thought he had done a good job.

rock.gif
Off duty I usually conceal because lets face it. Crap happens...A LOT. Not to mention that California has a stick shoved up their ass when I comes to guns. I know the gun laws of the state so I don't freak when I see someone with a gun. I saw a guy the other day (really smart guy), open carrying an unloaded glock 22 in a level II serpa holster. Stopped, used the door of my car as cover with hand on sidearm ready to draw, asked him what he was doing with a gun out in the open on the street, he calmly and respectfully told me that he had been having problems with the neighbors between his house and his favorite convenience store, they had threatened him with great bodily harm so he was carrying an unloaded handgun and a mag to show that he refused to be their puppet and was prepared to defend himself if necessary. I have to admit I was impressed with his forwardness and calm attitude. I told him I was going to draw and point my gun at him as a safety measure then asked him to unholster his gun slowly, place it on the ground, and take a few steps back so that I could inspect it and make sure it was indeed unloaded. After inspection it was all ok. I shook his hand, talked with him for a few minuets, and went back on patrol. Thats how a situation SHOULD be handled in my opinion. I went home to my wife, guy was happy because he wasn't harassed (by me or his neighbors), and I didn't get a complaint on my record from a law abiding citizen. Everyone won and was happy. End of story.
tongue.gif

lmfao wow I'm glad you did harass that guy. Pointing your gun at him?? do you think it's ok to point your gun at a law abiding citizen?? I live in las vegas(where it is ok to OC fully loaded), and have NEVER I mean NEVER had an officer approach me at gunpoint. To this date I have had 6 police encounters in vegas and one in Az

langenc

imported post

What a shixxy place to live if cops draw on you for carrying. Wonder where they get their authority.. They love it-power-discretionary power!!

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

SavageOne wrote:

rock.gif
tongue.gif

you stoped some one while you were off duty?

to a guy that had his gun holstered?:cuss:

eye95

imported post

I don't think SavageOne is saying that he stopped anyone. He seems to be quoting a post from another site. He is likely just as shocked.

SavageOne

imported post

No, I am not a LEO. Eye is correct I was simply relating a post from another forum. Thanks for the catch Eye.:)

Mo

Banned
imported post

SavageOne wrote:
No, I am not a LEO. Eye is correct I was simply relating a post from another forum. Thanks for the catch Eye.:)
Thanks for clarifying! I was thinking to myself... "what????"

eye95

imported post

RED ARMY wrote:
can you o.c in ca. with a empty mag in the gun?
I don't know the answer to your question. However, I am glad you corrected your question. I sensed and imminent clip-v-mag discussion. :uhoh: