Thread: Whats with all the locked threads?

Post imported post

A friend of mine referred me to this site...i tried to look at one of his first posts...and its gone....i searched it, went back 16 pages....just poof!....and all these threads keep getting locked...i thought freedom of speech was one of our rights too? This forum doesn't seem very ''Free" to me

Post imported post

Forums are privately owned and have posting rules. They are not protected by the constitution.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Post imported post

fozzy71 wrote:
    Forums are privately owned and have posting rules. They are not protected by the constitution.
    Yep this. Unfortunately some take a thread off topic and it ends up being a flame fest so it gets locked or deleted.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

what was your friends screen name?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Patriot 5.45 wrote:
    This forum doesn't seem very ''Free" to me
    If anything, the owners of this site(John and Mike)are VERY lenient with the rules and sparing of their ban hammer.

Start your own forumsand let's see how long it is before you have to start writing rules andusing your ban hammer. Because either that will happen, or you won't and your site will stagnate or die because the 5-10% of utterly unpleasantpeople will drive off many or mostof the others.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    Patriot 5.45 wrote:
    This forum doesn't seem very ''Free" to me
    If anything, the owners of this site (John and Mike)are VERY lenient with the rules and sparing of their ban hammer.

Start your own forumsand let's see how long it is before you have to start writing rules andusing your ban hammer. Because either that will happen, or you won't and your site will stagnate or die because the 5-10% of utterly unpleasantpeople will drive off many or mostof the others.
    Yes you have that right Dan!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

All right All right...no dis respect meant...not in the least...just a bit of early morning lack of coffee curiosity lol

Post imported post

DanM wrote:
    If anything, the owners of this siteÂ*(John and Mike)Â*are VERY lenient with the rules and sparing of their ban hammer.
    This. And then some.

John and Mike do more than pay lip service to rights, even on their own private property!

However, they would be fools to never put their foot down. There is a lot of OT on this forum, which I think is actually largely good, but every so often some trash needs to get taken out.

Post imported post

Patriot 5.45 wrote:
    All right All right...no dis respect meant...not in the least...just a bit of early morning lack of coffee curiosity lol
    No worries. I don't think you reached a line ofdisrespect. It's ok to have an opinion that not everyone agrees with. Lord knows I've spouted some.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

After what's been going on in the last month or so, I'm surprised they haven't locked the Mich forum altogether for a cool down month or so.
    JMO

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Why the FU_K did they do that. They need to delete the members here that start the SH!T not the threads. Jesus fu_cking Christmas.

Post imported post

Hi Pat

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Hi Pat
    O god that was fast, it was so peaceful for a while.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Hi PatÂ*
    clever name choice as well.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Hi Pat
    clever name choice as well.
    Not nearly as clever as sprinerXDacp's choice of words.

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Why the FU_K did they do that. They need to delete the members here that start the SH!T not the threads. Jesus fu_cking Christmas.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

the "Is this true" thread was locked!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...Now where can we go to goof off and have fun!?.....let us all have a moment of silence for this thread................................
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject