• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats with all the locked threads?

Patriot 5.45

imported post

A friend of mine referred me to this site...i tried to look at one of his first posts...and its gone....i searched it, went back 16 pages....just poof!....and all these threads keep getting locked...i thought freedom of speech was one of our rights too? This forum doesn't seem very ''Free" to me

DanM

imported post

Patriot 5.45 wrote:
This forum doesn't seem very ''Free" to me

If anything, the owners of this site(John and Mike)are VERY lenient with the rules and sparing of their ban hammer.

Start your own forumsand let's see how long it is before you have to start writing rules andusing your ban hammer. Because either that will happen, or you won't and your site will stagnate or die because the 5-10% of utterly unpleasantpeople will drive off many or mostof the others.

autosurgeon

imported post

DanM wrote:
Patriot 5.45 wrote:
This forum doesn't seem very ''Free" to me

If anything, the owners of this site (John and Mike)are VERY lenient with the rules and sparing of their ban hammer.

Start your own forumsand let's see how long it is before you have to start writing rules andusing your ban hammer. Because either that will happen, or you won't and your site will stagnate or die because the 5-10% of utterly unpleasantpeople will drive off many or mostof the others.
Yes you have that right Dan!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DanM wrote:
If anything, the owners of this site (John and Mike) are VERY lenient with the rules and sparing of their ban hammer.
This. And then some.

John and Mike do more than pay lip service to rights, even on their own private property!

However, they would be fools to never put their foot down. There is a lot of OT on this forum, which I think is actually largely good, but every so often some trash needs to get taken out.

;)

DanM

imported post

Patriot 5.45 wrote:
All right All right...no dis respect meant...not in the least...just a bit of early morning lack of coffee curiosity lol
No worries. I don't think you reached a line ofdisrespect. It's ok to have an opinion that not everyone agrees with. Lord knows I've spouted some. :)

WARCHILD

imported post

After what's been going on in the last month or so, I'm surprised they haven't locked the Mich forum altogether for a cool down month or so.
JMO

G

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Why the FU_K did they do that. They need to delete the members here that start the SH!T not the threads. Jesus fu_cking Christmas.

G

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
clever name choice as well.
Not nearly as clever as sprinerXDacp's choice of words.

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Why the FU_K did they do that. They need to delete the members here that start the SH!T not the threads. Jesus fu_cking Christmas.

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

the "Is this true" thread was locked!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...Now where can we go to goof off and have fun!?.....let us all have a moment of silence for this thread................................