• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Clarification

Bingo85

imported post

So I have been researching gun laws in Maine and wanted to make sure what I found out is accurate. While my permit is on its way…the following is true.

1) Open carry is legal w/ a loaded firearm on foot with no permit

2) Open carry is legal w/ a un-loaded firearm in a vehicle

3) Portland seems to be unfriendly towards OC. I don’t mind unfriendly talks with a leo, I just don’t feel like getting arrested every time I go out. Although that might lead to a new toy fund if I was arrested without breaking the law.

My question comes with statement 2, if I remove the chambered round/mag from my gun but leave it in my holster is that consider concealed? The console / armrest might hide it?

What do you do? Should it be placed in the back seat in clear view?

I plan to CC when I get my permit, but in the ~60 day time period I cannot I plan to OC.

Thanks and God Bless,

-Bingo