• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Is IOWA Lawmaker Kent Sorenson too Pro-Gun for NRA?', Mark Berman, OpposingViews.com

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/is-iowa-lawmaker-kent-sorenson-too-pro-gun-for-nra

The NRA is reportedly threatening to campaign against a pro-gun Iowa legislator because he ispushing a bill that is too pro-gun.
Rep. Kent Sorenson isan outspoken gun advocate and one of the leading voices for2nd Amendment rights in the Iowa legislature. He introduced and pushed for a right-to-carry bill that would have given people the right to carry a gun, concealed or otherwise,without having to obtain a permit. The bill did not pass because of a tie vote.Other compromise bills have also been introduced. Sorenson is against these "watered down" bills, saying they don't provide true gun rights.
The NRA is involved incrafting one ofthese compromise bills that was introduced last week by two traditionally anti-gun politicians. The bill was written in such a way that moderates could support it, giving it a better chance of passing.
Sorenson came out against the NRA bill. So according to a report on Ammoland.com, a lobbyist working for the NRA went to Sorenson and told him if he didn't support the bill, the NRA would work to get his opponent elected in an upcoming election -- an anti-guncandidate at that.
The NRA has not commented on the accusation.
Over the weekend the Iowa Senate approved a bill that overhauls the system for issuing permits to carry concealed weapons. It requires that sheriffs give a reason if they deny a permit and make such decisions based on consistent state guidelines.

Pace

imported post

"Master" Doug doesn't like the NRA, what's new?

Don't attack this, he has a police officer that works in his house that will prosecute you.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

From John Reedie at IowaCarry.org:

The above statement comes from the latest IGO email sheet of lies! I would be the 'subordinate' mentioned in this statement. I know this because I was the only one talking to Kent yesterday! In FACT, I had promised Sorenson to keep him informed what the language in the bill was doing - helping him track the changes - so he could make good decisions about what he was voting on. At NO TIME did I ever threaten Sorenson in any manner whatsoever! We simply went through the bill language, line by line.

IGO has done some very despicable things in trying to spread their agenda at the expense of the truth but this lie is the most despicable to me personal to date. As members of Iowa Carry you can be assured that I did NOT threaten Sorenson! Further, I was present anytime that Chris Rager talked to Sorenson, so I can swear that Chris made no threats either!

Second Post:

I just wanted to come back here and say that Kent Sorenson and I have talked. It was made clear to me that he did NOT feel threatened by me nor did he claim to have been threatened by me. This is just more IGO tactics and lies.

Kent and I are good. I wanted that to be known.

Max G

imported post

So, the IGO is complaining now about the tactics used by Iowa Carry and the NRA?

Gotta love the hypocrisy.

:lol: