• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girls only Day OPEN CARRY Fremont,

Iopencarry

imported post

The First of Many: Girl's Only Open Carry Meet-up.

Be sure to mention you are part of the BAOC group.

The 17th was fully open as of today 3/30.
Services include Acrylics, Manicures, Pedicures, Facials and even Waxing. Pricing seems pretty standard (M-14..., P-24 35, F-40-65, ect) A polish change only is just $6 & up.

The location is at Mowry and Blacow in Fremont. There is also a Sushi place and a Starbucks on the same length. OSH is towards the back, so you can pick up any needed gardening supplies while there.

Please dress nicely, be courteous and open carry!
The owner/manager was very open and inviting.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=110326998987029&ref=mf

cato

imported post

If UOC is happening pre McDonald, women and minority carry is +1 (perhaps some one can be pushing a stroller;)! We need to challenge the stereotypes especially in CA.

Artwork by Oleg Volk:

donny

imported post

Blacow and Mowry? I know this place. I would strongly suggest you check for school zones...

flygirl

imported post

Can you provide info other than a facebook page? Facebook requires a login to even LOOK at a page -- which is one reason why I just don't do facebook. If I have to sign in to look at a page that someone wants to be public, forget it!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Just wanted to say welcome to anny3 and flygirl, good to see more females on the forum.

flygirl

imported post

Thanks, BT. I showed up at the Palo Alto OC, but didn't have a holster and it was my first time investigating, so I wasn't comfortable. Holster is on order... I hope it's here in time.

flygirl

imported post

Couldn't make it. Please tell us how it went!

Any interactions with police? Many comments / questions from passers-by?

Iopencarry

imported post

Julie posted this a little while ago,

"Girl's Open Carry Day: A Hit! All in total 11 turned out. I suspect far more would have shown support if it had not been for the presence of 5 of Fremont's Finest. Was a GREAT DAY!!! for education. A HUGE HUG out the the Girl's. Having 3 1/2 hours to spend with the PD putting a face on the Open Carry Movement: Priceless. More on the BAOCM page."

BAOCM= Bay Area Open Carry Movement on Facebook

Iopencarry

imported post

Also just pass this on from a friend, I too think it is just to good not to pass on.

"The coincidence in time and location on this is just too much to not comment about. There was a "Girls Only" open carry meetup scheduled in Fremont on Saturday at 11AM. Less than two hours before the meetup, the Applebee's restaurant across the street was robbed. Imagine how that robbery could have been foiled had the open carriers been in the restaurant at the time of the crime."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_14905697

Iopencarry

imported post

"Girl's Day: While the Girl's had mani and pedi's,I spent the majority
ofmy time with 5 of Fremont's PD. Both sides learned a few things. The out
come of which we exchanged phone numbers should any questions arise,
promises to keep each informed. We were even listened to when saying
dispatchers should ask "Demeanor?" if ...they receive a call to prevent a 3
unit roll out. As part of the education, we allowed E check practice,
handed out BAOCM cards and pamphlets, answered the 'why?' questions,
asked questions in return.

The best comment of the afternoon, "If this is what it is like, call us
if you need us. You will not see this presence again in Fremont, well
maybe one of us will come out." Not a single call was received for a
MWG/WWG.

We spoke law, rights, upcoming Legislation, the movement and
participants.

Many may say it was a waste of tax payers money to have the Fremont PD
there, I say it was an investment in education."

markm

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
Julie posted this a little while ago,

"Girl's Open Carry Day: A Hit! All in total 11 turned out. I suspect far more would have shown support if it had not been for the presence of 5 of Fremont's Finest. Was a GREAT DAY!!! for education. A HUGE HUG out the the Girl's. Having 3 1/2 hours to spend with the PD putting a face on the Open Carry Movement: Priceless. More on the BAOCM page."

BAOCM= Bay Area Open Carry Movement on Facebook

Hey Iopencarry,

Thanks for the yoeman's work!

Did the police hang-out with ya'll because of the robbery or for other reasons? I don't quite understand why they weren't searching for the perp?

Do you have pictures? I don't facebook for job-searching reasons.

Also, were you there? I can't tell if you are relaying info or if you were there.

markm

Iopencarry

imported post

nope not there, just relay work forthose that do not do facebook.

which I have no problem with, to each their own. If you or anyone don't like it, I no big deal. I don't need a reason. ;)

I would be my guess, sense this was a new thing for the LEO's in Fremont, to be a little worried for the ladies.

I know that when EBOC(east bay open carry) have a new meet-up venue, we call ahead to give the locals a 'heads up'. It is so we do not have a problem. The loe's will some times come and do E checks. Mainly we do this as a teaching skill for both us, and the leo's. Some do not have a clue as to how to do a 'E' check. We want them to know how to do one w/o being "code 3" style and roll every cop on duty.

We would rather be supportive, then fight them. my belief, and other with EBOC, is that if we are professional in our actions, then most leo's will act the same way.

For the RECORD... except for a few meet up E checks, I have never been E checked. In over 6 mths of daily carry. We meet every weekend. Only on a big meet up(over 25 people) has there ever been leo's sent to do checks, or just hang out and watch.

Sense Jan, when I meet up with EBOC, I have only heard of a MWG call fromany of the many cities we have been in. We call before and after and have never had a call reported to us, ecept this one time.

We had left our meet, and walked accross the street to a Wendy's. One lady inside with kids and a guy, called. We seen her place the call, and inturn called dispatch. We wereon the phone and the dispatch said, "Hi, you guys must have walked to Windy's huh? lol. " As we were talking to dispatch, we heard her tell the lady that we "were the good guys", and that we were all legal.

The lady and kids didn't leave, but the guy did. We found out about 1/2 hr later, that he was a wanted felon, and didn't want to be around us. lol

Markm, I will pm you my city.

flygirl

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
nope not there, just relay work forthose that do not do facebook.
which I have no problem with, to each their own. If you or anyone don't like it, I no big deal. I don't need a reason. ;)
And, those of us who refuse to sign up for facebook appreciate it tremendously. Thank you! :)

FYI, I heard from a friend that it *is* possible to make a facebook page visible to even those of us who choose to not sign up for facebook... can you pass that belief along to the owner of the page? If it's incorrect, so be it. But if it's correct, it'd be nice to be able to see it directly.

donny

imported post

So if I understand this correctly you notified FPD before the meet and they sent *five* officers to spend 3 1/2 hours there? Do you know if these officers were on duty?

Iopencarry

imported post

Donny, yes to both of your questions.

I do not know how long all 5 were there. I am just passing on the report. In every event I have been to, minus 2, 10 min after the first officer got there, all left.

1 time, they had one officer stay for about 45 min. That was when the Brady Campain was there.

The other was in Richmond.