• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girls only Day OPEN CARRY Fremont,

Iopencarry

imported post

I will look into the facebook issue for you, and see what I can learn.

on edit:

ok, as far as I can see, in order to see any facebook page, member etc you need to be a facebook member. Once your a member, then you can see some pages, (if the admin have it set for puplic viewing), and not see some,(if they have it set as a members only).

I can not find anything that allows non-facebook members to see anything on facebook.

Sorry.

donny

imported post

Thank you. I just wanted to better understand their response. It doesn't make sense for all five to be there the entire time but neither does it make much sense (to me at least) for them to be dropping in and out. Still, the Wendy's experience shows progress was made and that's a good thing.

flygirl

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
ok, as far as I can see, in order to see any facebook page, member etc you need to be a facebook member. Once your a member, then you can see some pages, (if the admin have it set for puplic viewing), and not see some,(if they have it set as a members only).

I can not find anything that allows non-facebook members to see anything on facebook.

Sorry.
NP. Thanks VERY much for whatever time you put into this!

Flyer22

imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
I will look into the facebook issue for you, and see what I can learn.

on edit:

Sorry.
I have a business page on Facebook. I think--though I'm not positive--that it's possible to view a fully public page without signing in by pasting the URL into the address bar.

flygirl

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
I have a business page on Facebook. I think--though I'm not positive--that it's possible to view a fully public page without signing in by pasting the URL into the address bar.
Try it. Here's the link that started this whole conversation:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=110326998987029&ref=mf

When I paste that into my browser, I get:
You must log in to see this page.

If you know any way around this, I'd appreciate any info.

K

kittyhawk63

"Girl's Day: While the Girl's had mani and pedi's,I spent the majority
ofmy time with 5 of Fremont's PD. Both sides learned a few things. The out
come of which we exchanged phone numbers should any questions arise,
promises to keep each informed. We were even listened to when saying
dispatchers should ask "Demeanor?" if ...they receive a call to prevent a 3
unit roll out. As part of the education, we allowed E check practice,
handed out BAOCM cards and pamphlets, answered the 'why?' questions,
asked questions in return.

The best comment of the afternoon, "If this is what it is like, call us
if you need us. You will not see this presence again in Fremont, well
maybe one of us will come out." Not a single call was received for a
MWG/WWG.

We spoke law, rights, upcoming Legislation, the movement and
participants.

Many may say it was a waste of tax payers money to have the Fremont PD
there, I say it was an investment in education."

You gave them your phone number? We are warned repeatedly by a law professor not to talk or give information voluntarily to LEOs.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Having your phone numbers, they now have your names and addresses.

You ladies really need to watch the video and see why you are told not to talk to the police.

Iopencarry

This event was back in March. All I was, was a notifier of OCDO of this event. The police were call in advance, to use this event as a training aid for the dept. and also the OC'ers that showed up.
No harm comes from working with your local dept while setting up an event.