• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA Party in Olympia April 15

Squeak

imported post

I just heard that a TEA Party is planned for April 15 @2 in Olympia. I think it would good if we showed up for support. It will move to Westlake park for more action, following Olympia. I plan on riding my bike and maybe join up with the Freedom Riders. I know times are tough, but I hope we all can make this a TOP priority. There are many in Kitsap county; set up a car pool. I'm not planning this or setting up anything, I just want all to know about what is going on. Nov. is coming soon!

DEROS72

imported post

I would like to go if someone is headed that way I could hitch a ride with...Also don't forget the 2nd ammendment march nation wide on the 19th...@ major events we need to show up in huge numbers.

Mean Dean

imported post

Can you please post more info on the 2A march. I haven't heard anything about it.

DEROS72

imported post

Check the NRA website ...

Second Amendment March On Washington Scheduled For April

Friday, February 12, 2010

There will be a Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C., on April 19, 2010, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Attendees will gather on the northeast corner of the Washington Monument grounds at 10:00 a.m., and the entire event will take place there (due to logistics, the event will be more of a “rally” than an actual march).

[align=left]

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683
Contact Us | Privacy & Security Policy[/align]For those who can't make DC.There are plans to march on state capitals.

Mean Dean

imported post

Okay. I thought that maybethe 2A march was local.

I can't make the 4/15 Tea Party in Oly because I'll be at work. Too bad, sounds like a lot of fun.

~MD

j2l3

imported post

The 2nd Amendment March has a Washignton State "Coordinator" who volunteered for the position. He is supopsed to coordinate a march in Olympia.

However, near as I can tell, he hasn't actually coordinated anything other than his email address.

I emailed him and asked what the plan was..... did I get a response? Nope...

[size=WA][/size]

[size=Casey Davis][/size]

[size=[url=mailto:Casey.Davis@secondamendmentmarch.com]Casey.Davis@secondamendmentmarch.com[/url]][/size]

.45ACPaddy

imported post

How's this for a plan:

Show up at the Capitol steps on the 19th at noon open carry and we walk to the park!

amzbrady

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
How's this for a plan:

Show up at the Capitol steps on the 19th at noon open carry and we walk to the park!

Thread says "TEA Party in Olympia April 15"

paddy says "Show up at the Capitol steps on the 19th at noon"

We are to meet 4 days after the event???

Am I missing something, can someone fill in the blanks please?

Event? __________

Date? ___________

time? ___________

location? ________

Best Parking? ___________

Meeting place, date and time? ______________

get together afterwards? __________________

I may just be retarded (That is rhetoricle, I dont need confirmation), but it seems like people are intent on confusing me with conflicting times, dates, and events on one thread. :?

END_THE_FED

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:
How's this for a plan:

Thread says "TEA Party in Olympia April 15"

paddy says "Show up at the Capitol steps on the 19th at noon"

We are to meet 4 days after the event???

Am I missing something, can someone fill in the blanks please?

Event? __________

Date? ___________

time? ___________

location? ________

Best Parking? ___________

Meeting place, date and time? ______________

get together afterwards? __________________

I may just be retarded (That is rhetoricle, I dont need confirmation), but it seems like people are intent on confusing me with conflicting times, dates, and events on one thread. :?
he was referring to a different event. A second amendment march is being held on the 19th in DC and he was suggesting we do the same in Olympia.

Squeak

imported post

John Carlson had a guest speaker on his talk show the other day who was (as I understood) the person who started the Tea Party movement. She said that there is an event on the capitol steps April 15. This has nothing to do with any other event. Sorry if my original post was confusing. Usually when 'the capitol' is mentioned, the capitol steps is what is meant.

amzbrady

imported post

I was trying to figure out if what is being said is 2 meets, one on the 15th at the capitol and then another on the 19th at the capitol or just one? I dunno?

BigT

imported post

OK. So what's the deal. 15th? 19th? Where to meet, who can go? I can take the day off if 15th. But I can only take 1 passenger. My car isn't exactly adult rear seat comforting.

038.jpg

I could MAYBE talk the wife into letting me use her car, it's a 4 door.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
How's this for a plan:

Which park? There are any number within reasonable walking distance of the Capitol.

DEROS72

imported post

Why do you guys put pics of your cars on these forums.No one cares.Makes one look immature and shoing off.Put it it up on a car website.

knight_308

imported post

April 15th Events: http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty/washington/

April 19th is Patriot's Day, the anniversary of Lexington and Concord, and being used this year as a rally date for the Second Amendment March (http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/ ) in DC as well as the "Restore the Constitution Rally" on the Virginia side of the Potomac (http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2010/03/19-april-2010-bring-your-sidearms-and.html).

Workman posted about the 4/19 stuff here: http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d5-Second-Amendment-March-two-weeks-from-today

Squeak

imported post

GOOD post Knight! I didn't have much info. Maybe I'll just stay here and support the locals. Looks like enough places for all to attend!:celebrate