• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish County Parks Gun Ban Public Hearing

jbone

imported post

Just got this info: Councilman Koster has the park ban backin frontof thecouncil.

Public Hearing is sert for:21 April 2010.

jbone

imported post

Bump

Just so we know so far Councilman Koster is for, and recently Councilman Brain Sullivan tells me in a recent email he has changed his position and will vote for the code amendments.

jbone

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Is open carry permitted at the hearings?
I don't see why not, but then never been to the building either. Seens that some did the last open hearing.

Richard6218

imported post

jbone wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Is open carry permitted at the hearings?
I don't see why not, but then never been to the building either. Seens that some did the last open hearing.
Only way the answer to that could be negative is if there are courts in the bldg. Otherwise any posting to the contrary would be illegal under RCW.

joeroket

imported post

The council meeting room is inside the Administration East Building, the building that is directly west of the new jail. It is not a restricted building by RCW as the courthouse is one block to the west of the East Building.

Firearms are allowed by state statute.

jbone

imported post

joeroket wrote:
The council meeting room is inside the Administration East Building, the building that is directly west of the new jail. It is not a restricted building by RCW as the courthouse is one block to the west of the East Building.

Firearms are allowed by state statute.
Good news, thanks!