• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC question - magazines

MK

imported post

I am looking for information in regards to our state laws here in Missouri about OC and magazines. If I am open carrying a sidearm and legally able to do so and I don't have a CCW permit, do I also have to have any extra loaded magazines in view too or am I allowed to conceal them in a pocket, purse or backpack?

demery

imported post

i always carry my extra mag in my pocket never had any problems from leo's or anyone tell me different. Granted having them on your belt as well in a mag pouch is easier to get to it if the need arises

zekester

imported post

I would hope that my Glock 36 will take them down with a round or two.....don't really want to get into an all out war...lol

HYRYSC

imported post

Instead of extra magazines, I usually just carry an extra gun. Below is what I am usually packing...:celebrate:exclaim:

Glox.jpg

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

HYRYSC wrote:
Instead of extra magazines, I usually just carry an extra gun. Below is what I am usually packing...:celebrate:exclaim:

That is an interesting choice. Just out of curiosity. Why have chosen the 2 fingered grip model to put the 25rdmagazine in?

Doc?

goalseter88

imported post

lol nice 30 round mags which is evenfunnier that you got a big mag in a small sub-compact gun:pcourse i guess if i was going to use a 30 round mag to carry. it makes the gun so big i might as well just bring my AR-15 and put a 90 round drum on it since i think i could just as easily carry it as with those mag sticking out of that glock.

HYRYSC

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
HYRYSC wrote:

That is an interesting choice. Just out of curiosity. Why have chosen the 2 fingered grip model to put the 25rdmagazine in?

Doc?
My wife and I chose the sub-compact models because we also conceal carry ocassionally. the 30 rounder magazines are just fun range toys and good for photo ops like this.

Besides, the magazines do have a pinky rest on them at the bottom...:D