• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

~~Open Carry Blood Drive~~

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

After much delay from several companies, the Open Carry Blood Drive finally has a location. Open carry, Concealed Carry, or don't carry at all. It is entirely up to you. This is not a public demonstration. This is just a blood drive to help our community and those in need. The date is Saturday, April 10, 2010. from 10am-4pm

BEHIND THE GYM!

SportPlex Gym

3447 Lorna Road

Hoover, Alabama 35216

I hope to see you there. If you have any questions, call me at 205-305-2214

-Tim

I am hoping to see all of you there! We need around 100 people!!!

If you can't donate, bring a friend or family member!!

Seriously! The date is set! The location is set! Post a reply to let me know you will be there! Or you can call me! 205-305-2214

Remember: open carry blood drive:

Saturday, April 10, ~~ 10:00am-4:00pm

We need 100 people to make this a success!

Dianosis

imported post

Had lunch with 3 other OC members today and we discussed carpooling up there to show our support. How's the turnout looking up your way?

Hollowpoint38

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Dumb question: What about LifeSouth? Have you tried them?

How is that a dumb question? I've never heard of LifeSouth. I will call them first thing in the morning though.

F.Y.I. I asked for advise. I wasn't asking for attitude or derogatory comments. Please refrain from such comments when all I asked for was help. Thank you.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:
How is that a dumb question? I've never heard of LifeSouth. I will call them first thing in the morning though. F.Y.I. I asked for advise. I wasn't asking for attitude or derogatory comments. Please refrain from such comments when all I asked for was help. Thank you.
Do you have permission from the ARC Chapter to be armed?

An advocate of legally armed citizens with your thin skin is problematic.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamanation and its thugs like ARC.

eye95

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:

How is that a dumb question? I've never heard of LifeSouth. I will call them first thing in the morning though.

F.Y.I. I asked for advise. I wasn't asking for attitude or derogatory comments. Please refrain from such comments when all I asked for was help. Thank you.

If the bolded part was directed at me, I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I was seriously trying to assist you. The "dumb question" part was meant to imply such on my part as old men are known to ask about things that are obvious to others.

Unfortunately, I cannot give blood due to extended stays in Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. Something about angry cows?
I kinda figgered you two would work it out. I didn't think any offense was intended. You both seem like nice guys. Sometimes you can't quite get across with typing what you can face-to-face.

I, too, am consistently rejected by the RC because of having lived in Europe. (I wonder what Europeans do for blood?) The last time I tried to give to LifeSouth, they cheerfully put me a pint low.

If I can make it to the drive, I will show up, whether or not they find my blood tasty enough. Showing support is sometimes all you can do.

BTW, will they let you carry on the bus? After all, in the event of ND, they will be amply prepared to help!

Hollowpoint38

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
SFCRetired wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot give blood due to extended stays in Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. Something about angry cows?
If you cannot donate, you can come out and show your support? If you do, can you bring a friend or family member to donate? We need at least 100 people to donate. We only have 4 days until the event.

Dianosis

imported post

Unless something unforeseen happens I am coming up. I will be going thru Troy, 231 north to Montgomery, then Hwy 65 to Hoover. If anyone wants to meet me in Troy or along this route to carpool with me let me know asap. I can fit 4 Adults besides myself.

FedFirefighter

imported post

Can you post the flyer on here so I can print out a few to show around and try to drum up a little more support from the Wiregrass area? We really appreciate what you are doing.

eye95

imported post

Suggestion for a flyer:

The words "You can give blood. Or, you can give blood" have a picture under each sentence. Under the first is a pic of a guy giving blood. Under the other is the view down the barrel of a particularly ominous gun.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Suggestion for a flyer:

The words "You can give blood. Or, you can give blood" have a picture under each sentence. Under the first is a pic of a guy giving blood. Under the other is the view down the barrel of a particularly ominous gun.
LOL That is hilarious but I don't think I can use that one. :celebrate

eye95

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Suggestion for a flyer:

LOL That is hilarious but I don't think I can use that one. :celebrate
I was just making an offer that folks couldn't refuse.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

[align=center]I couldn't get the original flyer to uploadso here is what it looks like.[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]OPEN CARRY BLOOD DRIVE[/align]

[align=center]Come out and support your 2ND Amendment rights.[/align]

[align=center]Open Carry, Concealed Carry, or Don't Carry....[/align]

[align=center]The choice is yours! [/align]

[align=center]Exercise your rights and help the community at the same time![/align]

[align=center]When:[/align]

[align=center]Saturday, April 10 ~ 10:00AM-4:00PM[/align]

[align=center]Where: [/align]

[align=center]SportPlex Gym ~ 3447 Lorna Road ~ Hoover 35216[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]For more information contact:[/align]
Tim ~ 205-305-2214

DJDD

imported post

Diagnosis: PM for my number. We'll meet up at the 186 exit North of Montgomery. I can carry 2 others as well.