• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ed with the Baby

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Zeus and I went for a stroll in the woods today and I decided to take the Baby Boomer.
Later, I stopped in to get a fishing license and darned if more people noticed it than my 1911.

Sure carries easily though:D

bb.gif

mercutio545

imported post

Nice! I have a NAA .22 mag, 1-1/8" that I absolutely love. I throw it in my pocket and CC when I'm too lazy to slap on a holster. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I OC mine in my NAA belt buckle on occasion.
Can't find the cite now.. but THAT one got a guy busted as being on/part of the belt buckle masked it's tru identity/nature of a firearm. (He did not have a CHP)
I didn't say anything because Longwatch has a permit...but that is where the disguised part came from.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Can't find the cite now.. but THAT one got a guy busted as being on/part of the belt buckle masked it's tru identity/nature of a firearm. (He did not have a CHP)
I didn't say anything because Longwatch has a permit...but that is where the disguised part came from.
I know we had discussed that possibility in the past, if you got a cite that would be interesting. I recall someone even asked the president of NAA about it and he had no info.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

longwatch wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I know we had discussed that possibility in the past, if you got a cite that would be interesting. I recall someone even asked the president of NAA about it and he had no info.
I don't have a cite now. It used to be noted in the concealed weapons statute back when we used books. I'll do a little looking later and see if I can find it.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

longwatch wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:

Here's a similar story -

http://www.northcountrygazette.org/2010/03/11/buckle_gun/

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

peter nap wrote:
longwatch wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I don't have a cite now. It used to be noted in the concealed weapons statute back when we used books. I'll do a little looking later and see if I can find it.
Don't worry about the legal cite, I was concerned about the 'disguising it's true nature part' in previous discussions myself. I was wanting to see if a belt buckle NAA had be held as such in Virginia.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

longwatch wrote:
peter nap wrote:
longwatch wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ed wrote:
longwatch wrote:
I was wanting to see if a belt buckle NAA had be held as such in Virginia.
As I recall Longwatch and again without a cite, it was a belt buckle arrest that prompted the appeal.
That was about the same time the ATF got their panties in a bunch over wallet holsters that you could fire from.
That one irritated me. I used to carry a High Standard DA derringer in a wallet holster and had to quit after that.