• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your every day self defense items

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Jenshubby wrote:
In my opinion, if you're going to carry lethal force, do not carry less than lethal. That way, if you draw on/shoot someone, the prosecution cannot use the "you could have just used your taser on him, even though he had a knife and was charging you" excuse, getting some weak jury behind them. With my certifications and training, that would most likely be used against me. Just my .02....carry on.
I have faith in Washington's legal system when it comes to self defense. Especially the King County Prosecutor's office.
May you never need to test it.

Yata hey

jahwarrior

imported post

i carry some sort of variation of this gear. the 1911 is a constant. i always carry a knife or three.

005-1.jpg

in this pic, a Taurus PT1911, a 5.11 Journeyman Karabit folder, a Hide Away Knife (HAK), an Inova pocket torch, cell phone, and keys with Sabre Red pepper spray.

Mississippi Man

imported post

Good point Jenshubby! Until society viewsthe person carrying a weapon and defending him or herself as the "victim" instead of the "shooter" when a situation like that occurs, we will always have to protect afterselves after the fact. Too many people become experts on "what they would have done", but only those involved when a situation turns violet, actually know. Better to be safe, than in jail..

younggun20

imported post

Glock 22C, 15 rnd mag inserted, One spare in a blackhawk spare mag holster, a semi serrated Buck Knife and a 150 Lumens Flashlight

IMG_0148-1.jpg

Half Live

imported post

I usually only have the one 12 round mag in the gun but sometimes I carry the second one, a 12 round one too. My cell phone, wallet, SOG Blink knife and my keys.

SDC10174.jpg

tcmech

imported post

Glock 36, one spare mag, one folding knife, one flashlight, anda voice recorder.

CommonMan101

imported post

A phone should be on everyone's list. A "must have" - even for the unarmed.

G20, phone, knife, flashlight. Only flashlight and knife are OC. :(

All but the G20 are used in my work. Though, occasionally,it would make for a quicker job if I could use it... ;)I AM a "hired killer", after all. Just limited to vermin/varmints.

Looking toadd recording device. I hates being wrongly accused ofsomething.

chadman

since i am only 17 i usually carry two knifes one for sure is my S.O.G flash 2 spring assisted knife and my others just depend on the day. and i carry my phone but in my truck i usually carry my maglight to.FLASH2-ZYTEL-CE-TINI-TFSA-98.jpg

Wolfgang1952

It depends on where I am going and doing. Usually I just have my Pistol, Four Reloads, Cell Phone, Folding Lock Blade Knife, Flash Light, Gerber Multi Tool and Cigar Lighter. And sometimes I even add my big Blade. Depends on what I am doing.

023.jpg

Asquirt4u

Springfield xdm 40, CRKT stealth first strike, Spyderco folder depending on the day / whereabouts.

Attachments

• P1010226.jpg
    P1010226.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 186

Phxbluesman

edc4.jpg

Kimber Ultra Carry II with meprolight night sights & Crimson trace LG 7+1
Galco MX4 retention holster (for OC)
Crosssbreed Super Tuck w/ V clips (for CC)
1 spare 7 rd magazine
16" ASP airweight baton
Sabre P-22 OC spray .075 oz (fits in holster that came w/ streamlight)
Keys w/ Streamlight PT1L Tac light & Pocket multi tool
Leatherman Juice XE6
Droid 3 w/ sound/video recorder widget
5-11 belt
Cheap sunglasses
Wallet

Last edited:

YoungGun556

This is basically what I carry when I do carry(still new to OC).

Springfield XD40 fullsize (might be replaced soon by a Glock 27 .40)
Serpa holster carried at 3 o'clock with slight forward cant (will be replaced by a leather belt holster if I get the G27)
Blackhawk mag holder with spare 12 round mag
Pelican flashlight, usually only carried at night. I might carry it during the day if I decide to get a holder for it since it likes to try to escape my pockets.
Kershaw carried right front pocket everyday, even at work
Irwin utility knife for the everyday cutting duties, carried left front pocket everyday
Phone
Wallet
Keys with bottle opener
Truck keys(carried on separate key ring)
Belt is the Bianchi Ranger.

03612b0e.jpg

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Some days it is just a lot to carry a firearm and I have been doing so for 33 plus years. Of course there is always my pocket knife that is with me.

You can carry all you want I'll stick with a good pistol, a reload for it and a knife for most any day. But there are the special times extra stuff is added.

ElectricianLU58

Kimber Ultra CDP II loaded with 230gr Speer Gold Dot short barrel (one in the chamber, 7 more in a wilson combat mag). it is stock except for slimline Alumagrips. i carry it in a tucker HF1 rig (holster, belt, and two magazine pouch ). both spare magazines are also wilson combat and also loaded with 230gr Speer Gold Dot short barrel.

my knife is a Benchmade 557. our state and city laws mostly allow for a blade under 3", so i comply.

the rest of my edc is pretty standard:
wedding ring
watch
wallet (cleaned out regularly)
keys (pared down to the MINIMUM)
phone
pen
small change in watch pocket

on a very rare occasion, i will carry a flashlight in my coat pocket.

i do not like to carry so much in my pockets that it messes up the lines of my clothes. i, also, do not like anything extraneous on my belt. i do not want it to look like a bat utility belt.

Last edited:

Malcolm

God bless America

Full size 1911 OC. pepper spray, knife, flashlight for late nights. spare 10rd mag in the car. don't carry a spare mag on me. I figure if it takes more than two shots, I'm running for my car and calling the cops. wardrobe is a problem too. whenever I carry too much stuff I feel like batman.
I must say though. An LED flashlight is a must. that is to me one of the best tools one can have. Talk about a strategic advantage.
Speaking of that. A night shoot is starting to sound like a good idea right now.

(HONEY!!! can I have 100 bucks for ammo right now:lol:)

Another thing. Non-lethal defense is a must. I know it might sound stupid to some. but escalation of force is something that's drilled into my head and I don't believe in having to go to my knife when at the time there wasn't enough warrant for my pistol. (Now the distance is closed and my OC pistol is within reach of a bad guy.) I highly encourage mace or a stun gun or taser.
Like a good friend pointed out to me. "I'm still young and healthy enough that I can just punch someone if I half to, although punching someone is considered assault and macing someone is considered self defense." keep that in mind.

phleye

I carry any combination of.....Glock 19 w/ 15rd magazine, 2 spare 17rd magazines, pepper spray, Cold Steel ti lite knife, phone and 16" ASP baton. I'm looking for a good flashlight too. I am concerned about the lethal/nonlethal argument, but for now I'm carrying both. My BUG will be a Glock 26...the spare magazines will fit that too...Bonus!!