• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your every day self defense items

Aaron1124

imported post

qydff5.jpg

smttysmth02gt

imported post

Good Lord. You carry all that? I normally carry the M&P .40 either in the kholster or in the fobus or bladetech. I sometimes carry the bladetech double mag holster too, depending on where I am going and how I feel. I also carry an every day pocket knife on my right side for everyday use, and an easy access blade on my weak side positioned for firearm retention. other than that, just wallet and keys with a multitool and flashlight on keychain.

Now..........if we're talking about EDC bags, that's a whole other can of worms. :)

Aaron1124

imported post

Normally I do.. I don't always holster them though. Sometimes I'll throw the spray in my pocket, and the knife is rarely in it's case. It's usually in my other pocket. I always holster my Taser and Ruger though.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Normally I do.. I don't always holster them though. Sometimes I'll throw the spray in my pocket, and the knife is rarely in it's case. It's usually in my other pocket. I always holster my Taser and Ruger though.

Excellent system you have.

The non-lethal tools being available gives you tons more flexibility in responding to a situation.

Kudos to you, sir.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Aaron1124, could you resize your photo and repost it so it doesn't distort the forum page to roughly the width of the Mississippi river? :) Thanks!

As for what I carry, I start out with my brain - fully functional and engaged. The .45 comes next, and a voice recorder is usually on my belt too. Other things are optional as the occasion or trip might seem to require.

Ivan Sample

imported post

Kel-tec p11 during the spring and summer. Glock 21 during the fall and winter. Along with my k-bar knife and some pepper spray. Plus two spare magazines for each weapon.:celebrate

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

- Sig Sauer Mosquito ( i dont want overkill because its california )

- Spare Mag Loaded ( because we dont have LOC )

- Eagle Turbo 6Watt LED flashlight ( blinding power for hostiles )

- Snap - On Edition Kershaw Blade

Beerme

Banned
imported post

Springfield loaded 1911 with
cylinder and slide 4lb tactical hammer set
novak sights with tritium inserts
g10 grips
1 8 round wilson combat mag in gun
4 7 round wilson combat mags on belt in 2x 2 mag holsters

jay75009

imported post

Glock 23 .40cal
2 spare magazines
12" expandable baton
8" partially serated S&W extreme op knife
t-shirt that says "team glock" yeah it really works as a detterant :-D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jay75009 wrote:
Glock 23 .40cal
2 spare magazines
12" expandable baton
8" partially serated S&W extreme op knife
t-shirt that says "team glock" yeah it really works as a detterant :-D
Are expandable batons legal for private citizens in Maine? Cite please.

Yata hey

jay75009

imported post

no no they are not. but i work on call security. so its part of what i have on me anyway. and as an SEO you can carry one while on duty, and on call you have to have your equiptment :) however if i work per-diem or im not on call i leave it at home :)

however i believe the law states something like "no citizen shall carry any device, slapjack, nightstick, ballisong, switchblade or other device deployed in the attack or defense of ones person"............not an exact cite but i couldnt find the actual law but i've seen it on the CCW page for maine govt before.........but bluntly citizens cannot.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jay75009 wrote:
no no they are not. but i work on call security. so its part of what i have on me anyway. and as an SEO you can carry one while on duty, and on call you have to have your equiptment :) however if i work per-diem or im not on call i leave it at home :)

however i believe the law states something like "no citizen shall carry any device, slapjack, nightstick, ballisong, switchblade or other device deployed in the attack or defense of ones person"............not an exact cite but i couldnt find the actual law but i've seen it on the CCW page for maine govt before.........but bluntly citizens cannot.
You previously stated you carried your baton in your boot.

No weapon can be carried concealed by private security guard either - this would include baton.

"provided that any weapon carried is not concealed."
http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/32/title32sec9416.html

Here is the primary link to Maine statutes.
http://www.maine.gov/legis/ros/meconlaw.htm

Yata hey

Jenshubby

imported post

In my opinion, if you're going to carry lethal force, do not carry less than lethal. That way, if you draw on/shoot someone, the prosecution cannot use the "you could have just used your taser on him, even though he had a knife and was charging you" excuse, getting some weak jury behind them. With my certifications and training, that would most likely be used against me. Just my .02....carry on.

Aaron1124

imported post

Jenshubby wrote:
In my opinion, if you're going to carry lethal force, do not carry less than lethal. That way, if you draw on/shoot someone, the prosecution cannot use the "you could have just used your taser on him, even though he had a knife and was charging you" excuse, getting some weak jury behind them. With my certifications and training, that would most likely be used against me. Just my .02....carry on.
I have faith in Washington's legal system when it comes to self defense. Especially the King County Prosecutor's office.