• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Post your every day self defense items

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314505889.182195.jpg

Current set-up includes:

Rock Island Armory Tactical Duo-Tone 1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa
Spare 8-round magazine in a Blackhawk holder
Kershaw Zing folding knife
iPhone/recorder in an Otterbox Defender case

Badger Johnson

What's important to me -now- is how much gear can I deploy and how adroitly.

Nikon Camera in belt clip case for quick deploy
Coleman 300 lumen flashlight - 4" long x 1" dia
Cell phone
Wallet, duplicate/decoy wallet (lol)
XDm 9mm or LC9 or LCP
Pepper spray (little cheap thing)
Cane
Tactical Girlfriend
(Voice Recorder in the car)

I don't OC because of my disability and the need to walk with a cane.

I'd like to know how much your gear weighs. Mine is about 155 lbs(*), including HG, belt and tactical girlfriend. I'll get a more accurate weight later when I get up (it's early here).

(*)(non-animate gear is about 10-12lbs)

Last edited:

SovereignAxe

Usually the following:

Walther P99AS 9mm
31 rounds of JHP (two 15rd mags, one in the chamber)
Schrade pocket knife
Cell phone
ipod touch (has the serial numbers for all of my weapons stored on it and I'm working on getting all of my contacts copied to it in case anything happens to my cell)

Oramac

I cant easily OC here, but my EDC is pretty basic:

Glock 26 in a MTAC IWB holster
Gerber 3.5" folder
SOG Micro 1" folder in back pocket
Keys
Wallet
Jump Drive/Chapstick
Ink Pen

And I still feel like I have a lot of crap on me. I dont know how some of you carry so much stuff comfortably?!

Last edited:

HeroHog

Mini Mag Light
Camera Phone
MP3 player/RECORDER
Leatherman Blast
SOG Twitch Spring assisted lock blade
P11 KelTec
Spare 14 round S&W Model 59 mag
Cheap Timex on a Silver Turquoise band
edc.jpg

MR Redenck

This will work for a lot of things
3_small_small.jpg

But this will work for the little things
M-Ruger1911.jpg

And this is my Cartel Trash, Gang Banger, Thieving POS, and Zombie repellent.
450px-Mossberg500AMarinerExt.jpg
I have a different shotgun for every day of the week, plus some. So picking is like waiting for a woman to get ready.

jbupland

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
.45 cal glock 36 right hip open carry smith and wesson sigma 9mm small of back iwb and top round it all off in the fall and winter a rossi m88 .38 spl on my left inside ankle led flashlight for dark places and my cell phone and id soon my badge in a seperate pockett

HKcarrier

Ok, I'll play... I guess I need to spraypaint my phone black so everything is black. :)

EDC.jpg

Also, I had a knife that I carried, but I lost it. :( Gotta get a new one. Also, soon I'll be adding a BUG to the craziness.. DB9 or a PM9, or a pf9, or other sub-compact 9mm. May end up with a .380 (lcp, p3-at, etc) but I don't want that....

I usually have 2 holsters with me because I switch back and forth from OC to CC a lot and the ALS doesn't conceal very well. Also considering adding some OC spray.

Last edited:

QilvinLEO

Another thing. Non-lethal defense is a must. I know it might sound stupid to some. but escalation of force is something that's drilled into my head and I don't believe in having to go to my knife when at the time there wasn't enough warrant for my pistol. (Now the distance is closed and my OC pistol is within reach of a bad guy.) I highly encourage mace or a stun gun or taser.
Like a good friend pointed out to me. "I'm still young and healthy enough that I can just punch someone if I half to, although punching someone is considered assault and macing someone is considered self defense." keep that in mind.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but are you refering to a knife as a less than lethal option? If so...I highly disagree. And if they are going for you weapon, Show them your ammo, if you know what I mean.

ANYWAYS

Glock 30 in Blackhawk Serpa Level 1 Retention
Extra magazine on flip slide.
Fist 1
Fist 2
Cell phone
Wallet
Keys

Hiredgun30

i carry an xd 40sc
2 mags
smart phone with video/audio/pictures
blackhawk iwb holster
streamlight polytac w/blackhack holder
wallet with CCW
notepad and pen

Attachments

• IMG_20110913_133326.jpg
    IMG_20110913_133326.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

DrakeZ07

sun-gun 006.jpg

Ruger Blackhawk .45 Cal long-colt. Random cheap holster belt holster. Old Tymer Knife. Ear plugs. Mini-lipstick (Still have to look good in tight situations ;3). And yes, I keep a dummy 20mm round in my back pocket... >.> In case six shots, and a knife doesn't work... Hey, it's heavy and made of steel :D

SovereignAxe

A single action six-shooter? You're a brave woman.

I have a Blackhawk .357. LOVE that gun but mine has a 6" barrel and is just too heavy for daily carry. It was given to me with a right-handed holster, and I'd love to get a left-handed holster for it to carry on occasion.

DrakeZ07

A single action six-shooter? You're a brave woman.

I have a Blackhawk .357. LOVE that gun but mine has a 6" barrel and is just too heavy for daily carry. It was given to me with a right-handed holster, and I'd love to get a left-handed holster for it to carry on occasion.

Eh-hehe... Thanks, but umm... If that is directed to my ruger, or my post in general... I'm not a female, I'm all male... Just read my signature <3 Thanks for the compliment though :)

I prefer revolvers over semi-autos; though I do sometimes wear my pink and black Hi-point .45ACP, I'm not really used to it like I am with the revolver. I dunno though, I do think that if you need more than 6 shots to do the job, then you're kinda screwed anyway. Plus, in my experience, it's much more of a deterrent when someone can SEE the lead in the cylinder <3

Last edited:

thedrewcifur

RIA 1911a1 tactical in a fobus left handed paddle holster. 1 8rd kimber mag in the gun and two spares in a blackhawk mag holster. 25 rds total of 230gr FMJ .45acp. ka-bar warthog tanto plain edge folding knife. fully charged cell phone. wallet with id and cash. my watch. my sunglasses. my od green baseball hat. my old duty belt from when i worked security. and a nemo pocket flashlight. and a pack of marlboro reds and a lighter...

DrakeZ07

RIA 1911a1 tactical in a fobus left handed paddle holster. 1 8rd kimber mag in the gun and two spares in a blackhawk mag holster. 25 rds total of 230gr FMJ .45acp. ka-bar warthog tanto plain edge folding knife. fully charged cell phone. wallet with id and cash. my watch. my sunglasses. my od green baseball hat. my old duty belt from when i worked security. and a nemo pocket flashlight. and a pack of marlboro reds and a lighter...

Ooooh you're geared up :O ... I smoke reds too~ box, soft, short or longs? :eek:

carsontech

Activist Member
All of this, and then some, is carried concealed under a vest. I forgot get some items in the pic, as I was in a rush. Thanks SC politicians, for making it harder to lug this stuff around by not allowing open carry. :banghead:

DSC_0003.jpg

Keltec P3AT in pocket holster
Springfield 1911 with factory mag in magwell
OWB leather holster with thumb break carried on Blackhawk 1.5 inch belt
extra factory mag in factory Springfield two mag holder ( mag holder not shown, forgot to take it off belt, my kid was crying, so I was distracted, lol) carried on belt as well.
Chip McCormick 10 round mag (Also not shown, was in my mag holder that I didn't get in the pic :banghead: )
Kodak video/audio/still picture camera
Basic cell phone
KaBar Mule
Keys
Wallet
mini LED flashlight, free from Harbor Freight :banana: (not shown, as well, left it in my car last night)

Last edited: