• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kirkland shootout proves medical marijuana dilemma requires legislative fix

44Brent

imported post

Congress has no authority under the U.S. Constitution whatsoever to even control or ban the use of drugs, except between state lines. Come to think of it, Congress doesn't have any authority to ban or control guns, except to regulate them between state lines.

Come to think of it, almost everything Congress does is prohibited under the U.S. Constitution.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

44Brent wrote:
Congress has no authority under the U.S. Constitution whatsoever to even control or ban the use of drugs, except between state lines. Come to think of it, Congress doesn't have any authority to ban or control guns, except to regulate them between state lines.

Come to think of it, almost everything Congress does is prohibited under the U.S. Constitution.
And then there's reality.

END_THE_FED

imported post

44Brent wrote:

Very true i said the same thing in another thread on this same topic http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/40636-5.htmlif congress wants to regulate such things it needs to do so by amending the constitution not ignoring it.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

END_THE_FED wrote:
44Brent wrote:

Very true i said the same thing in another thread on this same topic http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/40636-5.htmlif congress wants to regulate such things it needs to do so by amending the constitution not ignoring it.
Amen, brotha! Congress seems to want to take unconstitutional action as of late! Well, maybe not ONLY as of late...

joshcdc

imported post

What happens when Congress passes unconstitutional laws is what needs to change in my opinion. Why is passing a blatantly unconstitutional law not treated as treason? Seems like it should be to me, they have specific delineated powers, there needs to be some accountability for ignoring the scope of these powers beyond maybe not being re-elected. They should treat congressmen who pass blatantly unconstitutional laws as traitors to the republic.

END_THE_FED

imported post

joshcdc wrote:
What happens when Congress passes unconstitutional laws is what needs to change in my opinion. Why is passing a blatantly unconstitutional law not treated as treason? Seems like it should be to me, they have specific delineated powers, there needs to be some accountability for ignoring the scope of these powers beyond maybe not being re-elected. They should treat congressmen who pass blatantly unconstitutional laws as traitors to the republic.

Hear! Hear!