Thread: Kirkland shootout proves medical marijuana dilemma requires legislative fix

Post imported post

Kirkland shootout aftermath proves medical marijuana dilemma requires legislative fix

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seatt...egislative-fix

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yca6x9y

Post imported post

Congress has no authority under the U.S. Constitution whatsoever to even control or ban the use of drugs, except between state lines. Come to think of it, Congress doesn't have any authority to ban or control guns, except to regulate them between state lines.

Come to think of it, almost everything Congress does is prohibited under the U.S. Constitution.

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:
    Congress has no authority under the U.S. Constitution whatsoever to even control or ban the use of drugs, except between state lines. Come to think of it, Congress doesn't have any authority to ban or control guns, except to regulate them between state lines.

Come to think of it, almost everything Congress does is prohibited under the U.S. Constitution.
    And then there's reality.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Post imported post

44Brent wrote:

Very true i said the same thing in another thread on this same topic http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/40636-5.htmlif congress wants to regulate such things it needs to do so by amending the constitution not ignoring it.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Post imported post

END_THE_FED wrote:
    44Brent wrote:

Very true i said the same thing in another thread on this same topic http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/40636-5.htmlif congress wants to regulate such things it needs to do so by amending the constitution not ignoring it.
    Amen, brotha! Congress seems to want to take unconstitutional action as of late! Well, maybe not ONLY as of late...
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

What happens when Congress passes unconstitutional laws is what needs to change in my opinion. Why is passing a blatantly unconstitutional law not treated as treason? Seems like it should be to me, they have specific delineated powers, there needs to be some accountability for ignoring the scope of these powers beyond maybe not being re-elected. They should treat congressmen who pass blatantly unconstitutional laws as traitors to the republic.

Post imported post

Does anyone know the specific law that would prevent this person from merely possessing a firearm, or receiving one from another person?
    Hoplophobia is a social disease.

Post imported post

joshcdc wrote:
    What happens when Congress passes unconstitutional laws is what needs to change in my opinion. Why is passing a blatantly unconstitutional law not treated as treason? Seems like it should be to me, they have specific delineated powers, there needs to be some accountability for ignoring the scope of these powers beyond maybe not being re-elected. They should treat congressmen who pass blatantly unconstitutional laws as traitors to the republic.
    Hear! Hear!
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801