• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dumbest Question asked whilst OC'n

Landose_theghost

imported post

After today I thought we should have a thread for allof the stupid questions and or remarks people tell/ask us while OC'n.

Today-March 31st,2010

I was walking around my neighbor hood in classic OC fashion, and I was approached by a man who noticed my .45. We get to talking and eventualy we got on the subject of reloads and hesays tome "I would imagine you throw alot of money away on New Guns & New Clips" and to which I responded, "No,not really" to which he asks me "Well then,So uh, when your done, and your gun stays open like in the movies, do you justthrow itin the trash then or?":shock::banghead:

I Laughed because I thought he was joking around, but this guy was serious,D-E-A-D Serious! He thought Firearms were disposable once you're out of ammo!!! Like razors or somthing! I had to politely excuse myself out of the conversation after that genius quote!

Altho, after leaving I wish I would have toldhim that yes, firearms are indeed disposable and that I'llbe a nice guy and "dispose" of them for him the next time he's out of ammo!;)

Optimus Prime

imported post

So far the dumbest has simply been "is it loaded?", which is only stupid to those of us who carry regularly.
Otherwise the most common, by far, is simply how much I like my Serpa holsters.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've had all the usual ones but here are a couple that stood out.

I think the worst was "Is that a .22?"

I was carrying a .45

Then there was "Is it safe to carry it cocked like that?"

I can't recall any others but I'm sure I've had more. I'll post more as I remember them.

Mlutz

imported post

I don't know if I would exactly call it dumb but, "Are you a Cop?" or, "Are you military?" The loaded question is always a good one.:lol:

scorpio_vette

imported post

Mlutz wrote:
I don't know if I would exactly call it dumb but, "Are you a Cop?" or, "Are you military?"  The loaded question is always a good one.:lol:

and the second questions that immediately follows "are you a cop" is "then why do you have a gun???"

Mlutz

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
Mlutz wrote:
I don't know if I would exactly call it dumb but, "Are you a Cop?" or, "Are you military?" The loaded question is always a good one.:lol:

and the second questions that immediately follows "are you a cop" is "then why do you have a gun???"
I agree. If I wasnt so polite to MOST people, I would then ask, "Why do you care?" :lol:

scorpio_vette

imported post

perhaps from now on when somebody asks "so why do you have a gun", we should reply with "why don't you???"

Mlutz

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
perhaps from now on when somebody asks "so why do you have a gun", we should reply with "why don't you???"
Took the thoughts right out of my mind. It's settled, thats my response to that question from now on. Cant wait to hear the answer to that one.:lol:

M

McX

imported post

i haven't heard this one, but sooner or later, someone will use it on a carrier; you don't need that gun, nothing is going to happen.

Woodchuck

imported post

The one I've been asked the most is, "Is that a real gun?". To which my reply is, "Why yes it is, wouldn't do me much good if it wasn't." Then they usually ask if it's loaded and I answer, "Well if it wasn't, I might as well carry around a 2lb rock, it would be alot cheaper."

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Back when I worked for Loomis I open carried my .45 everyday into banks, malls, Courthouses, stores. Well on the GB route Loomis serviced Hooters. So I'm standing in the office with the manager when a really cute Hooters girl comes in, smiles at me and says, pointing at my sidearm, is that thing real? I say yes it is. She asks, "is it loaded?" I say, no, thats its just a real expensive paperweight.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Back when I worked for Loomis I open carried my .45 everyday into banks, malls, Courthouses, stores. Well on the GB route Loomis serviced Hooters. So I'm standing in the office with the manager when a really cute Hooters girl comes in, smiles at me and says, pointing at my sidearm, is that thing real? I say yes it is. She asks, "is it loaded?" I say, no, thats its just a real expensive paperweight.
when she asked "is that thing real" you should have pointed at her and said "are those real?":p

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Plankton wrote:
when she asked "is that thing real" you should have pointed at her and said "are those real?":p

Exactly what I was thinking!

My neighbor noticed it last night for the first time (apparently not very observant...). He asked if it was a pellet gun. I told him it was real to which he replied "Oh, you're neighborhood security then.", he smiled and went back inside. This was not the response I expected from this particular neighbor. :D