• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any 4th of Juy open carry events?

jamesisel

imported post

HI! My name is James. First post here, was wondering if anyone has any open carry events planned on or around the 4th of JULY? I am from WI but am currently in the Army in Texas...a state which recognizes our constitutional right to be armed and carry a concealed weapon. But I am from WI and would love to move back when I retire from the Army and I would like to be able to carry when I do. I will be back in town around the 4th and I just wanted to be able to show my support while in town!

M

McX

imported post

weclome to the forum! you can show your support right now! go online, and get to wisconsincarry, and join up. watch the forum for announcements about upcoming events!

jamesisel

imported post

I'm a member! Just got my sticker in the mail today. I'll be representing in TEXAS, it's going on my truck right next to my NRA life member sticker!

M

McX

imported post

put it over your nra sticker.....................i didn't realy say that:uhoh:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

jamesisel wrote:
HI! My name is James. ... But I am from WI and would love to move back when I retire from the Army and I would like to be able to carry when I do. I will be back in town around the 4th and I just wanted to be able to show my support while in town!
Welcome, James Sisel, from another federal retiree. Congratulations on retirement, hopefully a full retirement and that you're young enough to enjoy it.

In way of explanation of some of the anti-NRA comments; Wisconsin enjoys lightly regulated legal open carry while concealed carry is explicitly prohibited by state law. Here, the NRA works towards a permitted/licensed carry scheme that would hypothetically require the legally armed citizen to purchase their RKABA from the NRA.

Obviously it is a complex argument with a long history. You might read the archives at keepandbeararms.com and nrawol.net and nationalgunrights.org and rmgo.org

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamanation and its thug unions.
ps. Be careful if moving to Wisconsin expecting more than part time employment. The Obominable economy is in full sway.

M

McX

imported post

now doug, that's not true about full time employment! the criminals have full time employment!:D

M

McX

imported post

touche' doug, taken down a peg by the master yet again. :)

jamesisel

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
jamesisel wrote:
HI! My name is James. ... But I am from WI and would love to move back when I retire from the Army and I would like to be able to carry when I do. I will be back in town around the 4th and I just wanted to be able to show my support while in town!
Welcome, James Sisel, from another federal retiree. Congratulations on retirement, hopefully a full retirement and that you're young enough to enjoy it.

In way of explanation of some of the anti-NRA comments; Wisconsin enjoys lightly regulated legal open carry while concealed carry is explicitly prohibited by state law. Here, the NRA works towards a permitted/licensed carry scheme that would hypothetically require the legally armed citizen to purchase their RKABA from the NRA.

Obviously it is a complex argument with a long history. You might read the archives at keepandbeararms.com and nrawol.net and nationalgunrights.org and rmgo.org

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the Obamanation and its thug unions.
ps. Be careful if moving to Wisconsin expecting more than part time employment. The Obominable economy is in full sway.
Not retiring yet....I'm still young! lol Got about 10-15 more years of service. I exercise my right to concealed carry every day here in Texas, and i think you should be able to in WI and throughout the USA. Open carry is illegal here in Texas by the way, but we're fighting to change that.

I'll have to look up the whole NRA issue. But I do thing they have done a lot of good with protecting the civil right to be armed throughout the country and for many years. But they could be misguided on the WI issue, but I'm ignorant on the subject.....that will soon change.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

With out the NRA Handgun control inc & other gun grabbing organizations would have taken our guns away long ago. The Assault weapons ban would have been permanent. The NRA does some shady things but with out the NRA....that's scary.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

When I talk to NRA members about joining WCI, I admit that without the NRA, we would all be subjects by now. The NRA does raise money from WI NRA members and channels some of that money back into shooting programs here in the state. With that being said, the NRA has done nothing is WI to affect a change in Uncostitutional gun laws is WI State Statutes. They won't touch the issue with a ten foot pole. And from what I understand, the 2003 CCW bill required training from only an NRA Instructor.

Am I off base?????

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
When I talk to NRA members about joining WCI, I admit that without the NRA, we would all be subjects by now. The NRA does raise money from WI NRA members and channels some of that money back into shooting programs here in the state. With that being said, the NRA has done nothing is WI to affect a change in Uncostitutional gun laws is WI State Statutes. They won't touch the issue with a ten foot pole. And from what I understand, the 2003 CCW bill required training from only an NRA Instructor.

Am I off base?????

There have been members of Wisconsin Carry testifying atthe gun bill hearingscoming out of the state legislature, but it is the NRA that does the heavy lifting.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
jamesisel wrote:

Here is the last Wisconsin concealed carry bill. Will someone point out where it has prohibitions on open carry and where it requires instruction by a NRA instructor?

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2005/data/SB-403.pdf

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

why in the world would you want to carry on the 4th of july? Its one of the biggest drinking days of the year! that is a day i will gladly take my holster off, and put my beer holster on my belt. I dont really have one of those, but now that I think about it, I do.