• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jumped the gun a bit

Norman

imported post

Yeah, bad pun, I know. It was pointed out that I hadn't actually made an introduction yet, so here it is:

Hi, my name is Norm. I am a firearm enthusiast, self-protection advocate, open-carry novice, and a sci-fi geek on top of all of that. I am here to learn more about shooting (I've actually been reading here for a long while now), keep up on recent carry related news, meet some new people, and as my previous thread shows, learn more about shooting in general.

In the spirit of sharing I'm also going to link to a photo I just took of some of my recent carry gear.

Norm

4480874192_ef6339732a.jpg

Norman

imported post

Thanks guys
It is an emachines case, but it has nothing emachines left inside of it. It is my franken-pc

The Beretta is my gunshow special that I snagged up not sure of what I was getting into. It's turned into a great carry gun, and because it's been lived with I'm not afraid to get it dirty ;)

Hmm, nope, I'll post a closer pic of my keychain. I'm betting you see my gunshow special swiss army knife. I don't own a Toyota.

url]

FMCDH

imported post

Norman wrote:
Thanks guys
It is an emachines case, but it has nothing emachines left inside of it. It is my franken-pc

<SNIP>
Ahh! Whew..... Franken-PC, my favorite brand! :D

amzbrady

imported post

Norman wrote:
Thanks guys

The Beretta is my gunshow special that I snagged up not sure of what I was getting into. It's turned into a great carry gun, and because it's been lived with I'm not afraid to get it dirty ;)

Hmm, nope, I'll post a closer pic of my keychain. I'm betting you see my gunshow special swiss army knife. I don't own a Toyota.

4480956652_c71dee153b.jpg
Good thing its a swiss knife and not a french knife.

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome Norm,

- From one geek to another, i am sure you will appreciate my caseless PC Mod

- I drive a Honda, no FOB, andOC a Ruger -hehe.

- Intel 9450 Quad core on a eVGA 780i triple SLI motherboard with 4-gigs of OCZ 1150 mhz watercooled memory. Apair of eVGA GTX260 superclocked video cards supplies pixels on the screen. Water is pushed with a pair of thermaltake p500 pumps into a three way splitter. This is fed into a series of Bitspower waterblocks cooling the North and southbridge, mosfets. Loop 1 ends by going through the factory waterblocked memory and upto the radiator. Loop 2 is the CPU, it's cooled by a D-Tek V.2 Waterblock. All this flows through a pair of radiators and back down to the oversized resiviour. Lighting is provided by a green fourecnt, and accented by some crazy electric lighting circle (looks like blue lightning in a circle)... Well, hope you get the idea.

;)Bat

Norman

imported post

Bat, I am truly envious. I wish I had a budget like that ;) Very cool looking though. I haven't even upgraded to water cooling yet, I'm still livin in the past.

Thanks for the welcome guys

FMCDH

imported post

Batousaii wrote:
Welcome Norm,

- From one geek to another, i am sure you will appreciate my caseless PC Mod

- I drive a Honda, no FOB, andOC a Ruger -hehe.

- Intel 9450 Quad core on a eVGA 780i triple SLI motherboard with 4-gigs of OCZ 1150 mhz watercooled memory. Apair of eVGA GTX260 superclocked video cards supplies pixels on the screen. Water is pushed with a pair of thermaltake p500 pumps into a three way splitter. This is fed into a series of Bitspower waterblocks cooling the North and southbridge, mosfets. Loop 1 ends by going through the factory waterblocked memory and upto the radiator. Loop 2 is the CPU, it's cooled by a D-Tek V.2 Waterblock. All this flows through a pair of radiators and back down to the oversized resiviour. Lighting is provided by a green fourecnt, and accented by some crazy electric lighting circle (looks like blue lightning in a circle)... Well, hope you get the idea.

;)Bat
Nice rig specs, but put a gun in the picture somewhere, or the pictures gotta go! ;)

We could play find the FN! :D