• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In my friends bar

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Son, why did you shoot him ? well, your honor, he was coming at me with a glass Vodka bottle I though he was going to kill me with it. His buddy was telling the guy that was attacking me to use the bottle to kill me...he said cut that guys throat........ Your honor, I had no choice..I was in fear for my life.

Think on your feet. HE WAS ARMED, WITH A WEAPON.

Pick a story & stick to your story, when it means 25 to life..... who would the jury believe you..or 2 armed VIOLENT drunks...
And your story had better be backed up by 10 bar patrons...;)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Son, why did you shoot him ? well, your honor, he was coming at me with a glass Vodka bottle I though he was going to kill me with it. His buddy was telling the guy that was attacking me to use the bottle to kill me...he said cut that guys throat........ Your honor, I had no choice..I was in fear for my life.

Think on your feet. HE WAS ARMED, WITH A WEAPON.

Pick a story & stick to your story, when it means 25 to life..... who would the jury believe you..or 2 armed VIOLENT drunks...
And your story had better be backed up by 10 bar patrons...;)
I only hang out at one bar, everyone knows me, most like me....:D lets just hope the attackers have a rap sheet.:cool:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
who would the jury believe you..or 2 armed VIOLENT drunks.
That is precisely the point of the Jason Dickey story. The gun community in SC was stunned, stunned I tell you, when the thugs were found more credible than Jason.
I know, the story kinda blew me away. Very possible he was being a little too honest about the incident with the police or his lawyer stunk ? embellishment of the actual events, could have helped him....certainly couldn't have hurt. Just amazing how this guy got screwed.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
I used to be a bouncer, and some of my friends still are. I am telling you from personal experience, having a gun on you in the situations that can arise from drinking will only make things worse. Please quickly strike this idea from your head.
+1000

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

jmoll9571 wrote:
My friend owns a bar and knows I oc . So he asked me if I could do security for him at the bar on the weekends and still oc? The bar makes most of there $ from beer sales. Can anyone help me out with this ?

As Doug said, you can as long as you have permission. We have had several open carry lunches at a restaurant with a class B liquor license. Nik made sure to get permission before scheduling it.

qball54208

imported post

To Glock34, there is a GBPD LEO by the name of Mike Knetzger that has hosted a "Verbal Judo" informational session, inviting local Bouncers (primarily Downtown) to partake in. I'm sure he'd be willing to do another one, considering Summer is fast approaching.
Good luck to ya!