• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. is up and flying

M

McX

imported post

Wisconsin Carry Inc. A corporation, like my corporation starts with it's members, or customers in my case, then to grow and survive, has to open up new venues. I'm sure the organization saw a surge in cash flow when we all joined up, and i know everybody here pushes the organization every day, every way they can. But it's up to us to take it higher! The chairman is running his legs off with the media, were the fastest growing pro- rights-guns organization in the courty right now! Were in the spot light, the sun is shining on us! Our organization is taking on useless laws in the courts, we got a lawyer on our board of directors!
Let's all dig deep my brothers; sustain the organization we are "founders" of; if you go to the gas station to get gas, pump one less gallon, put the cash in an envelope, and at the end of the month, send it to wisconsin carry. if you smoke, cut one pack out a month, and send the cash to wisconsin carry. you get the idea.
me here?: I'm going to give 50 cents off of each oil change to wisconsin carry, each month, month in, month out. I ain't even getting a paycheck out of my company, and don't make squat on oil changes, but the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few (i think doug said that heh-heh).
I dream of a day when our organization is so powerful that we got us a hotline like that porkypine411. Not a number to call and snivel on, but a number you can call, if and when a cop decides to roust you, and you can hand him the phone, and say; here, it's for you!
Success takes money. Let's all give until it hurts!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

McX I agree 100%. We DO need to support our local gun rights group, which in my opinion the best is Wisconsin Carry. I am a member of just about every gun rights group (that I know of) in the U.S. and also a member of Wisconsin Gun Owners here in Wisconsin. I have to admit that Wisconsin Carry has done more (in my eyes) for Wisconsin gun owners than W.G.O. and Wisconsin Carry was just recently founded. So I am putting my money where the action is and supporting Wisconsin Carry with my discretionary funds.

So I guess I will have to cut out my drinking and put that money to a better use! :cool:

Another way we can raise revenue and awareness of our group is to bring as many new members into our group as possible. So far I have gotten one other person to become a member and another wants to join but...doesn't have the money. Now I know...$15 isn't much to me but to her working for $7 an hour at a fast food chain...it is a lot. So I am going to pay for her membership and give her my remaining Wisconsin Carry decal for her car.

Carry on!

:lol:

M

McX

imported post

it's just this easy! totals for month of march: 16 oil changes, at .50 per= $8 to wisconsin carry, in the envelope now, ready to mail, someone jump in here and give us the address again!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McX wrote:
it's just this easy! totals for month of march: 16 oil changes, at .50 per= $8 to wisconsin carry, in the envelope now, ready to mail, someone jump in here and give us the address again!
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI 53227

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Another way we can raise revenue and awareness of our group is to bring as many new members into our group as possible. So far I have gotten one other person to become a member and another wants to join but...doesn't have the money. Now I know...$15 isn't much to me but to her working for $7 an hour at a fast food chain...it is a lot. So I am going to pay for her membership and give her my remaining Wisconsin Carry decal for her car.

Everyone who signs up gets 2 member decals mailed to them.

I don't want to downplay the utility of $ by any means, but it is truly important that the fight for freedom be carried by many, not just by a few. Its important for the movement to get people involved and not for people to sit back knowing others are moving the ball forward. To get people to understand what we are about. So that the cause isn't carried by just the hundreds and hundreds of members we have but thousands and thousands.

So while we as an organization make a commitment to our members that we will be good stewards of the funds we raise and use those funds for the maximum benefit of freedom and carry-rights in Wisconsin, for anyone who is tight on cash, don't be discouraged or feel obligated to give more than you can afford. If you talk about carry rights with your friends, family, business associates, receptive customers, etc, you are advancing the cause.

As you tell people about the value and merit of "carry" by law-abiding citizens, if people are interested in doing something to further the cause, share with them that ONE of the things they can do is join Wisconsin Carry.

I threw together this brief 1-page WCI introduction flyer. (see attachment) Feel free to print these out and use them/offer them to people who are looking for options as far as getting involved.

This flyer in conjunction with the one BrokenSprocket put together could be good "sales" tools for the cause of freedom and rights in Wisconsin.

Lastly, of course there are many other ways to advance freedom and carry rights in Wisconsin without joining WCI. (many people are reluctant to support organizations because they understand the only person who can 100% speak their voice is themselves, thats ok too)

Anyone who talks with others and spreads the merits of freedom and carry by law-abiding citizens. Anyone who Open-carries in their daily life and demonstrates without saying a word that "good guys" carry guns too and "good guys with guns is a good thing" is moving the ball forward.

I can't express enough how much we value the trust and confidence and willingness to participate that each and every member who has joined has put in the organization.

Carry On,

Lastly... If anyone has suggestions on this flyer please feel free to share them. If you think it accurately tells the story of WCI, or if you think it has too much or not enough information, please share any suggestions. Being on the inside looking out, its hard to always know how someone new to open-carry will perceive a document so its good to get a fresh un-biased perspective. Show the document to someone who knows nothing about WCI and get their impression. Ideally this piece is targeted to someone who is pro-gun and pro-carry. (maybe not pro open-carry) but pro-carry.

M

McX

imported post

c'mon dudes. i'm gonna start dog nose bumping this one, tell me how your gonna raise extra cash for the organization this summer. this is OUR summer boys.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

One other thing. Suggestions on using this flyer.

My barber was very interested in the carry movement in Wisconsin.

I took a stack of these one page flyers to his shop and he mentions it to customers.

-Barbershop
-local gunshop/local shooting range
-pro-rights businesses that would be willing to put a stack on the checkout counter
-tacked to a cork board that some businesses have at their entrance/exit.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just mailed a membership application this morning for my 18 Y.O. stepdaughter. She just put my 2nd Wisconsin Carry decal on her car.

Well spoken Nik and McX. I agree. Print em out, take them with you, spread the word.

I wonder if Gander Mountain will let us put the flyers on the firearm counters? There are several there now here at the Kenosha location for concealed carry classes.

My wife has been discussing open carry with her co-workers and they are half for it and half not (she works in Illinois, land of no freedom). All we can do is be the best ambassadors for open carry as possible and do what's right all the time.

Carry on.:exclaim:

phred

imported post

I just emailed the pdf versions of the OCPamphlet 15 and the above mentioned flyer to all of my shooting buddies. It's just another way to get the word out.

blaze

imported post

I asked at Janesville Gander Mountain, not a problem. They have a big bulletin board with a shelf just inside the entry doors. Did not ask back at gun counter. Half the guys that work back there are jerks.

I gotta stop up there soon and check to see if I need to drop off some more.:D

Old Grump

imported post

Can't get out much but I've been talking it up on sites where I know there are fellow Wisconsinites. Don't know how much good I'm doing but I have posted links to here.

protias

imported post

Hopefully I'll be able to become a founder sometime later this year. :)

M

McX

imported post

Protias, you old dog. tell me of indiana! do oc? do you cc?

i should highjack my own thread; and so i shall;

were all proud members of the organization. so let us share, not brag, of what we did for wisconsin carry today! so they all can see that were buisy bees over here. proof is in the posting, so to speak.

hmm, what did i do? stuffed wisconsincarry apps into open carry pamphlets for the shop the other day.

stopped and dropped- a pamphlet to a business owner i am courting for OC.

wore the iron at work, carried on. your turn: