Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok to carry in racine zoo???

Post imported post

has anybody ever carried in the racine zoo, or know of any reason that i can't/shouldn't carry there. I'm thinking about taking my kid there, and so far all i've found out online is that it's owned by the racine zoological society.

any ideas???

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.racinezoo.org/Plan_Your_V...eralInfo.shtml

ZOO MANNERS

• Please do not feed or tease us. We are on special diets and anything you feed us could make us sick.
    • Many of us are still very wild. For safety's sake, please stay behind the guardrails. Please do not reach into exhibitis or climb on our homes.
    • Please do no throw anything into our homes. Even simple objects can be very hazardous if we swallow them.
    • Please do not bring roller skates or roller blades, skateboards, scooters, heelies or bicycles into our Zoo.
    • Please wear proper attire, including shirts and shoes, when you visit us.
    • We're here for everybody to enjoy. Please be considerate of others' wishes to see us, too.
    • You can take still photos or videos of us for personal use but permission is required for all photos or video filmed for commercial purposes, and must be obtained in advance from the Zoo's marketing department.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX

Post imported post

i think you can carry there unless the animals object

Post imported post

springfield 1911 wrote:
    http://www.racinezoo.org/Plan_Your_V...eralInfo.shtml

ZOO MANNERS

• Please do not feed or tease us. We are on special diets and anything you feed us could make us sick.
    • Many of us are still very wild. For safety's sake, please stay behind the guardrails. Please do not reach into exhibitis or climb on our homes.
    • Please do no throw anything into our homes. Even simple objects can be very hazardous if we swallow them.
    • Please do not bring roller skates or roller blades, skateboards, scooters, heelies or bicycles into our Zoo.
    • Please wear proper attire, including shirts and shoes, when you visit us.
    • We're here for everybody to enjoy. Please be considerate of others' wishes to see us, too.
    • You can take still photos or videos of us for personal use but permission is required for all photos or video filmed for commercial purposes, and must be obtained in advance from the Zoo's marketing department.
    not sure what you're getting at. is there something in there about guns that i'm not seeing, or are you saying that because it's not posted, it's fine for me to carry???

i actually had to take a double take to see who the poster was, cuz that totally looked like a doug reply. LOL

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar

Post imported post

No particular reason, just couldn't find anything on firearm restricitons.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

McX

Post imported post

oooooo! I smell an event cooking!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Does the grounds have a Class B liquor license? The Milwaukee County Zoo does AFAIK.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

pvtschultz wrote:
    Does the grounds have a Class B liquor license?¬* The Milwaukee County Zoo does AFAIK.
    1) milwauke zoo sells liquor???

2) isn't milwaukee zoo government owned, which means you can't carry there??? (please correct me if i'm wrong)

3) if they did sell liquor, they would only sell INSIDE the restaurant buildings right??? so wouldn't you be allowed to carry anywhere EXCEPT in the building selling the liquor???

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    pvtschultz wrote:
    Does the grounds have a Class B liquor license? The Milwaukee County Zoo does AFAIK.

2) isn't milwaukee zoo government owned, which means you can't carry there??? (please correct me if i'm wrong)

3) if they did sell liquor, they would only sell INSIDE the restaurant buildings right??? so wouldn't you be allowed to carry anywhere EXCEPT in the building selling the liquor???
    The zoo, and therefore the buildings, are owned by the County...thus the buildings are off limits regardless.

There's beer vendors scattered about, including outside, with no roped off "no alcohol beyond this point" signs...which I'm reasonably certain (but not absolute) implies the whole grounds are covered by the license.

- What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

Post imported post

that's interesting. i've never noticed that the milwaukee zoo sells beer.

Post imported post

Some of the indoor places have beer too, but since the indoor places are off limits by virtue of being government buildings....

From the zoo website:

http://www.milwaukeezoo.org/visit/food.php

BEVERAGE & PRETZEL CARTS
    Located throughout the zoo
    All Carts are Seasonal, open by 10:30am
    Featuring:
    Snacks: Jumbo Pretzels with cheese sauce, Jumbo Pickles, Chips
    Beverages: Slushies, Bottled Water, Fountain Soda or Bottled Soda, Bottled Beer,
    Specialty Bottled Beverages

- What da hay?

Keep Calm and Carry On

Post imported post

I remember when I was younger there were beer vendor but havent seen any lately

Post imported post

Teej wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:
    pvtschultz wrote:
    Does the grounds have a Class B liquor license?¬* The Milwaukee County Zoo does AFAIK.

They definitely sell beer there and you are free to walk around with one, I did last summer. You also have to go through a building when you first check in so you couldn't get in without going through a government-owned building.

The zoo, and therefore the buildings, are owned by the County...thus the buildings are off limits regardless.

There's beer vendors scattered about, including outside, with no roped off "no alcohol beyond this point" signs...which I'm reasonably certain (but not absolute) implies the whole grounds are covered by the license.

Post imported post

Teej wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:
    pvtschultz wrote:

They definitely sell beer there and you are free to walk around with one, I did last summer. You also have to go through a building when you first check in so you couldn't get in without going through a government-owned building.

Post imported post

ok thanks for the milwaukee zoo replies. as i originally touched on, i was already under the impression that i couldn't carry in the milwaukee zoo anyways since it was government owned.

my main question was the racine zoo.

anymore thoughts on that zoo???

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    my main question was the racine zoo. anymore thoughts on that zoo?
    What private entity would run a zoo or could afford to run a zoo?

I would presume a zoo or a museum to be on leased public property. (See the public/private property controversy in Seattle and the State of Washington.)

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:
    What private entity would run a zoo or could afford to run a zoo?¬*

I would presume a zoo or a museum to be on leased public property.¬* (See the public/private property controversy in Seattle and the State of Washington.)
    in my original post up top, i said it's own by the zoological society, but that's all i've been able to find out. that's why i'm not sure what to make of it and am asking for help from others here, to see if we can come up with a answer somehow.

Banned

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    i said it's own by the zoological society, ...
    Isn't that the answer then? The 'zoological society' is not a government body.

But, as I said, it is likely that the zoo society has leased the property if only for tax purposes and from the government.

I doubt that Wisconsin gun law is evolved enough, sophisticated enough to differentiate leased property from owned property.

Be careful I-ANAL and a coward.

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:

I would presume a zoo or a museum to be on leased public property.¬* (See the public/private property controversy in Seattle and the State of Washington.)
    941.235 Carrying firearm in public building. (1) Any
    person who goes armed with a firearm in any building owned or
    leased by the state or any political subdivision of the state is guilty
    of a Class A misdemeanor.
    (2) This section does not apply to peace officers or armed
    forces or military personnel who go armed in the line of duty or
    to any person duly authorized by the chief of police of any city,
    village or town, the chief of the capitol police, or the sheriff of any
    county to possess a firearm in any building under sub. (1). Notwithstanding
    s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this subsection, peace
    officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state‚ąí
    certified commission warden.

It doesn't say anything about not being able to carry on public property just in public buildings...please correct me if I'm wrong guys. I would think if you don't go into a building in Racine Zoo then you would be OK.

Banned

Post imported post

You're exactly right.

So, you're telling us that the ticket gate or whatever (I will not go to a zoo because it makes me cry) stands out in the open, a nekkid 'gate' like a Torii Gate?

McX

Post imported post

so i guess there will be no oc at the racine zoo. i thought it would be ok as long as we didn't give any guns to the monkeys.

Banned

Post imported post

Too late, they already got keyboards and an un-skeptical audience.

McX

Post imported post

and don't forget doug, they probably got free health insurance too!

Banned

Post imported post

I'm sure, comparable to a legislator or one of his staff, but not USA, US All.

Post imported post

Canard wrote:
    scorpio_vette wrote:

941.235 Carrying firearm in public building. (1) Any
    person who goes armed with a firearm in any building owned or
    leased by the state or any political subdivision of the state is guilty
    of a Class A misdemeanor.
    (2) This section does not apply to peace officers or armed
    forces or military personnel who go armed in the line of duty or
    to any person duly authorized by the chief of police of any city,
    village or town, the chief of the capitol police, or the sheriff of any
    county to possess a firearm in any building under sub. (1). Notwithstanding
    s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this subsection, peace
    officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state‚ąí
    certified commission warden.

It doesn't say anything about not being able to carry on public property just in public buildings...please correct me if I'm wrong guys. I would think if you don't go into a building in Racine Zoo then you would be OK.

ok, i appologize for being rude, but people, you really have to read ALL posts before repling.

MILWAUKEE ZOO is county owned. (i KNOW that and that's not the discussion here)

RACINE ZOO is OWNED by a ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY. but that's all i've been able to figure out so far.

SO.

1) does anybody know if the zoological society is government owned or privately owned???

2) if it is privately owned, then the zoo would be legal to carry unless otherwise posted or written n their policy. DOES ANYBODY HAVE EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THAT AT RACINE ZOO???

3) if it is government owned, then i ALREADY KNOW i can't carry there and don't need everybody here citing me over and over, but so far nobody has ANSWERED whether or not racine is TRULY PRIVATE OWNED or GOVERNMENT OWNED.

please do try to read everything before replying. i try to do the same before replying to other peoples threads. seems like common courtesy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast