• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Happy April Fools Day!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Eight years ago today, I came home to my wife on April Fools Day, and announced to her that I had joined The Army Reserve.

I think she thought I was playing a joke on her, until I asked "Today is April Fools Day?!?"
icon_mad.gif

Needless to say, My eight year enlistment expires today, and I couldn't me happier to let the big gubment machine chug away without me. :celebrate

PeeShooter

imported post

Congrats on the return to "civi" life. Thank you for your service.

My son graduated from AIT two weeks ago and his first deployment is set for June.

btw, i'm a new poster around here..:celebrate

Cremator75

imported post

Never met you, but thanks for your service from me and my family! Next to Jesus, volunteers in the service is the best gift I have ever received.

DEFENSOR

imported post

Congratulations Kevin and one vet to another I would like to thank you for your service.

Defensor

thx997303

imported post

I just finished my servioce as well.

Of course, I didn't set me username as my rank and last name.

PFC MCD wouldn't have read as well. :D

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kevin Jensen wrote:
Eight years ago today, I came home to my wife on April Fools Day, and announced to her that I had joined The Army Reserve.

I think she thought I was playing a joke on her, until I asked "Today is April Fools Day?!?"
icon_mad.gif

Needless to say, My eight year enlistment expires today, and I couldn't me happier to let the big gubment machine chug away without me. :celebrate
I can't believe it has been 8 years! This has been the happiest April Fool's Day. From here on out I won't have to think of the day he joined but the day he finished instead. I bought myself a beautiful bouquet today that looks gorgeous just for the special occasion! :D After 2 deployments and 2 kids we have learned alot and grown so much together. Thank you to all the men and women who served with my husband and who are now taking his place serving our country. Also Thank You to everyone on here that has supported us, especially this last deployment. And to all the newbies we haven't met or don't quite know yet; we look forward to meeting you. :shock: :lol: