Thread: Strapped

Campaign Veteran
    Rapid City, South Dakota, USA

Post imported post

I don't think I've ever read an article regarding an OC event that did not contain the phrase

"strapped to their/his/her waist/hip(s)."

I'm not complaining about the publicity, I just get annoyed by the journalistic groupthink. You?

Evanston, Wyoming, USA

Post imported post

When you think about it, most sidearms are "strapped" to the waist in some form. What annoys me is when the marxistmedia describes carriers as "brandishing" their firearms.
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Blue River, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I use straps to keep my gun and my pants up off the floor only I call them suspenders. They make enough mistakes reporting on a subject they know little or nothing about that this phrase isn't even worth a look.

Now when they show a single shot 22 rifle with a thumb hole stock on a table full of revolvers and shotguns like they did in Chicago when I lived down there and referred to it as a machine gun confiscated from a drug lord then they get my attention.

When every gun collection consisting of 10 or 12 firearms of various sorts and 6 or 700 rounds of ammunition as an arsenal and one of them was an assault rifle, a grenade launcher and two of them were automatic pistols then they get my attention.

I know if I wait for a week and go back and check on the story the automatic pistols were a colt woodsman 22 inherited from a grandfather and a 380 pistol a gift from an old girl friend. The explosives were road flares the grenades were 4th of July type smoke grenades or flares and the grenade launcher was a flare gun it gets clear but somehow you have to dig for that info. It isn't on the first page anymore. Not dramatic hence not newsworthy.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA