• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Strapped

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think I've ever read an article regarding an OC event that did not contain the phrase

"strapped to their/his/her waist/hip(s)."

I'm not complaining about the publicity, I just get annoyed by the journalistic groupthink. You?

Huck

imported post

When you think about it, most sidearms are "strapped" to the waist in some form. What annoys me is when the marxistmedia describes carriers as "brandishing" their firearms.

Old Grump

imported post

I use straps to keep my gun and my pants up off the floor only I call them suspenders. They make enough mistakes reporting on a subject they know little or nothing about that this phrase isn't even worth a look.

Now when they show a single shot 22 rifle with a thumb hole stock on a table full of revolvers and shotguns like they did in Chicago when I lived down there and referred to it as a machine gun confiscated from a drug lord then they get my attention.

When every gun collection consisting of 10 or 12 firearms of various sorts and 6 or 700 rounds of ammunition as an arsenal and one of them was an assault rifle, a grenade launcher and two of them were automatic pistols then they get my attention.

I know if I wait for a week and go back and check on the story the automatic pistols were a colt woodsman 22 inherited from a grandfather and a 380 pistol a gift from an old girl friend. The explosives were road flares the grenades were 4th of July type smoke grenades or flares and the grenade launcher was a flare gun it gets clear but somehow you have to dig for that info. It isn't on the first page anymore. Not dramatic hence not newsworthy.