• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I will be on Radio tomorrow

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mr. Faschism....

You say you are against gun violence. Yet you provide no evidence whatsoever that any open carry advocate has every commited a violent gun crime. You say that 115 CCW holders have commited gun crimes, well that is 0.001% of the 6 million concealed license holders.AND so small of a number that we can not comprehend compared to the 70 million gun owners. (.00001%) Drunk drivers kill more citizens by far, yet they are still denied thier license to drive. Yes there are bad people who get guns and concealed license's just the same as there are drunks who drive without a license. None of this really address your stated goal of reducing gun violence. Why are you not working to reduce gang violence and suicide prevention, where the majority of gun violence occurs? Gun violence does not happen at Starbucks, it occurs in gangs and the tragic world of suicide!

Also, please don't insult my intelligence or that of this audience by trying to say open carry advocates are trying to compensate. How juvenille and childish. We have more important things to discuss, like stopping all of these gangs from killing each other and how to lift them out of thier plight. I am a man of dignity and respect, as you are, let us please show that in this important debate about a fundamental human right!

Dave Workman

imported post

Okay, because it wasn't Fascitelli who brought up that b.s. about "compensation."

That was someone who called or sent an on-line comment. And Jim handled it deftly! (BRAVO!)

If you DO send a comment, be sure to spell his name correctly. ;)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Okay, because it wasn't Fascitelli who brought up that b.s. about "compensation."

That was someone who called or sent an on-line comment. And Jim handled it deftly! (BRAVO!)

If you DO send a comment, be sure to spell his name correctly. ;)

Yes, I know he didn', I was just putting out a different argument for gun owners adn I agree Jim handled it quiet well.

Correct, if I respond on a different site, I would correct his name and show him some respect.

FMCDH

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
Nice Job to both Jim and Dave W. Mr Faschism(sic) however, drives me nuts, I get tired of his lies, irrational fears and backhanded insults.

Great job guys!

(Jim, you sould of CC'd in the studio)
You can't carry a gun into a broadcast facility.

Is that one of thoseobscure WACs?

Could you cite the lawplease, because I don't see anything about it in the RCW's or federal laws. An obscure FCC rule perhaps?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

You can't carry a gun into a broadcast facility.
I haven't found a legal cite as well.

I do know that after listening to the broadcast they asked that he not bring his weapon into the facility (private property).

Lemmiwinks

imported post

Has anyone fact checked the Ceasefire stats about more recent (don't recall how many years they quoted) domestic gun deaths than combat deaths in Iraq / Afghanistan? I believe it was brought up at the Kline AWB public comment session and now again on this radio show.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

To be safer on the road from cars? YOU DAWG GONE RIGHT!

Wow, carrying a gun to be seen on the road...it works, but that's not really the topic...

[line]
Deros should have mentioned the 10 minute delayed bank robbery!

[line]
Whoa? 15-20% of people in this country have mental illness????

[line]
Damn, I could have been doing my schoolwork this whole time...listened to boring stuff, the usual. Only funny thing was the motorcycle/bike part...even though that guy is ridiculous....

Dave Workman

imported post

Lemmiwinks wrote:
Has anyone fact checked the Ceasefire stats about more recent (don't recall how many years they quoted) domestic gun deaths than combat deaths in Iraq / Afghanistan? I believe it was brought up at the Kline AWB public comment session and now again on this radio show.

Yeah but it's a Trojan horse issue.

I could say "Did you know that medical misadventures kill more people in one year than firearms kill in three years" and it would be accurate, but so what?

All they did was focus on a dramatic number..KIAs in Iraq...and then add up the total number of homicide victims in Washington for the past TEN F--KING YEARS, mind you -- and throw that out.

Well, this is one of those "no shit, Sherlock" arguments tossed out to impress the rubes. But you provide personal proof that the ploy works because you didn't quite catch the whole statistic.

I did an analysis of that in previous columns here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...pon-bill-Bellevue-police-chief-plays-politics

and here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seat...ntinues-in-wake-of-assault-weapon-ban-hearing

but at least Ralph is consistent...and consistently wrong.

DEROS72

imported post

You know guys I did the best I could with the questions posed and the time.They would cut us off occasionally because of time constraints.There was a lot I wanted to get in like the bank robbery thing that happened at my bank. I was going to bring up the Kent police incident when I was able to back them down because they were wrong.

When the producer called me after M1gunr gave them my number ,they were looking for someone that open carrys everyday and my feelings on it.Reactions etc.She wasn't really looking for someone to sit a quote Rcw's.I couldn't recite a single RCW if my life depended on it.I just know what the law is and my experiences. I am tired of these people that think our rights are subject to their approval and that is one point I wanted to make.

I do the best I can with these thingsand overall I have had pretty good feed back. Also remember this is a pretty left leaning station You know your'e going to fed the same left wing paranoia and will never change any opinions...Thank you!

Oh yeah my hair:dude: looked good........Dave didn't like me sitting in the boothe with me:shock:naked though he seemed uneasy with that...:lol:

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
You know guys I did the best I could with the questions posed and the time.They would cut us off occasionally because of time constraints.There was a lot I wanted to get in like the bank robbery thing that happened at my bank. I was going to bring up the Kent police incident when I was able to back them down because they were wrong.

When the producer called me after M1gunr gave them my number ,they were looking for someone that open carrys everyday and my feelings on it.Reactions etc.She wasn't really looking for someone to sit a quote Rcw's.I couldn't recite a single RCW if my life depended on it.I just know what the law is and my experiences. I am tired of these people that think our rights are subject to their approval and that is one point I wanted to make.

I do the best I can with these thingsand overall I have had pretty good feed back. Also remember this is a pretty left leaning station You know your'e going to fed the same left wing paranoia and will never change any opinions...Thank you!

Oh yeah my hair:dude: looked good........Dave didn't like me sitting in the boothe with me:shock:naked though he seemed uneasy with that...:lol:
They should have let Ralph go first, so that you could correct any in correct info.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

amzbrady wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

They should have let Ralph go first, so that you could correct any in correct info.
I think Dave did a pretty good job of that. For someone who doesn't OC on a regular basis he does a great job of backing us up with his knowledge and expertise.

Machoduck

imported post

Poosharker: "Whoa? 15-20% of people in this country have mental illness????"

When I was a kid my dad would have the news on the radio. Every time the USSR had a "dissident" on trial there was always the "question" of mental illness and the sentence always had something to do with psychiatric treatment. Have the progressives reached the point where they're so sure of their nonsense that anyone who disagree is, ipso facto, crazy?

MD

ak56

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:

Jim, you and Dave did a good job. Thank you both.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Hmm, I see, anyone who disagrees, throw them in the krazy house and make em a statistic! What a solution.

Advice of the morning: Don't be American by exercising your right to disagreeing with the majority, you shall be declared the krazies!

joeroket

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
Hmm, I see, anyone who disagrees, throw them in the krazy house and make em a statistic! What a solution.

Advice of the morning: Don't be American by exercising your right to disagreeing with the majority, you shall be declared the krazies!
Well duh, they get to take the guns from you if you are involuntarily committed for 14 days. They have a plan and are slowly working through it. Jeeze am I the only crazy one that can see what they are doing? :lol: