• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online Retailers

IndianaBoy79

imported post

I recently had such a great experience with an online store I just had to share. About 2 years ago I ordered stag grip inserts from Sack Peterson. I thought they were great quality and couldn't wait to put them in. After two years, the panel on the left side is starting to discolor and even turn a little green (see photo). I conceal carry most of the time so it rides against my skin. I wrote Mr. Peterson and asked what could be done to clean it or recondition it. He wrote back asking for my address, informing me that he was sending me a new pair. I'm so impressed I just had to brag...http://www.sackpeterson.com/
Do check him out if you like stag...he does several revolver models and pistols.

I've also had great luck with Milt Sparks for holsters (though there is a waiting list). What are your experiences/suggestions for online gun gear shopping?

Dreamer

imported post

I have purchased several items from Optics Planet, and they are very good to deal with. Their prices are often discounted, they actually have the stuff they advertise in stock most of the time, and their shipping is reasonably priced and speedy.

I've ordered Blackhawk Serpa mag carriers from them, and other Serpa parts (drop-loops and a holster) and they were helpful on the phone, and quick to deliver.

Blackhawk is also VERY helpful on the phone and ships relatively quickly.

Smith and Alexander is a company that should be on the "bookmarks" list of EVERYONE who owns a Para Ordnance--they are one of the ONLY places that sells aftermarket parts for the Para double-stacks. They are VERY friendly on the phone, and quick to ship.

Big_Grumpy

imported post

I've got a few places I recommend:

Cheaper Than Dirt
Optics Planet
Ambient Outdoors
Midway USA
The Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore (++++++1 great deal on my M&P)
Cabella's
Gander Mountain
AIP Tactical (for all your Remington 870 needs, J.D. is one of a kind...)
CDNN... (great to talk with on the phone, but never ordered)
Bud's Gun Shop

BUUUT it all depends what your shopping for. Check around.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've bought most of my ammo from either of these online stores.

I've also purchased a scope for my Mi Carbine from this one. They are real good about returns on non-ammo items.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/

This one has a wide assortment of holsters for just about any handgun you might have. They also carry a few brands of ammo. I can vouch for the MCC as I've shot several boxes of it in .45 LC without a single misfire.

http://www.cowboyneeds.com/

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I highly recommend cheaper than dirt. I have ordered from them over 20 times. They have a wide selection and good prices. Shipping is very fast. They ship most orders within hours of getting the order.