• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater April OC Dinner

t33j

imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
It figures that this is planned the same night as the IDPA match at the Norfolk County Rifle Range.
Do you know if the NCRR is going to have any membership openings soon?

45acpForMe

imported post

DrMark wrote:
I expect I'll be there, maybe with the wife and (2) kids.

45acpForMe wrote:
I plan to be there. Not sure about the kids.
My daughter was wondering if your daughter was going to be there.

I can usually convince Sarah to go with me. :) This one is close to home too so less drive time.

darthmord

imported post

Too far away in the opposite direction I'm heading tonight. Again, through the HRBT. 7pm and 30+ minutes away means sitting in the HRBT traffic.

Sorry, cannot make it.

2a4all

imported post

Although we arrived late (due to attending a Newport News political forum), we enjoyed ourselves as usual, with great company and good food.

Biker, you have no idea how much you're going to miss that kitchen sink!:shock:

45acpForMe

imported post

Good dinner. Next time I will order the half rack of ribs. :)

I think if you added up all the words spoken at the tables that more than half of them were spoken by the two Sarah's. :D It's amazing how much girls can talk!!!

t33j

imported post

I forgot my takehome box in Yorktown!! Despite being ~40 minutes away and just having made the trip, I'm considering going back for the food.
:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Good time & good food, as usual!

45acpForMe wrote:
I think if you added up all the words spoken at the tables that more than half of them were spoken by the two Sarah's. :D It's amazing how much girls can talk!!!
...no doubt!

t33j wrote:
I forgot my takehome box in Yorktown!!
We've done that ourselves before. :X

...not last night, though! :D

fully_armed_biker

imported post

2a4all wrote:
Although we arrived late (due to attending a Newport News political forum), we enjoyed ourselves as usual, with great company and good food.

Biker, you have no idea how much you're going to miss that kitchen sink!:shock:
I know...hopefully with a little luck, I'll have the sink in and working by Sunday. I used to do all this for a living, years ago. My father is a retired fireman and about 25 years ago he started a home remodeling company to keep him occupied on his days off from the firehouse. I worked for him for several years. I'll have someone helping me that also knows what they're doing too.

Jenn

imported post

James and I both enjoyed our first OC dinner. Great food and people. It was nice to finally connect some faces to the posts we have been reading for quite awhile. The staff was very friendly and one of the servers even had questions about getting his CHP.

Looking forward to the next dinner!

Milbars

imported post

The wife and I had a great time. Biker and his wife were gracious enough to put up with me for the length of the dinner ;) Can't wait for the next one. Anyone headed to the VB gun show next week?

45acpForMe

imported post

Milbars wrote:
The wife and I had a great time.  Biker and his wife were gracious enough to put up with me for the length of the dinner ;)  Can't wait for the next one.  Anyone headed to the VB gun show next week?

I was wondering if "the couple" I didn't get a chance to talk to was you or someone else. Often people show up that didn't say they were coming so you never know. I was at the other end of the table with my daughter. Dr. Mark's daughter and mine talked up a storm. When I walked by you were engaged in a conversation so I didn't interrupt but it is nice to put a face to a name.

I just paid my taxes and will be broke for a couple months to catch up so I will be skipping the next couple gun shows for my own financial safety. :cry: