• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where Should I get a Gunsafe?

TopGunIdaho

imported post

Hey ladies and gents.....

Where is a good place to get a fire gun safe in the T. V. area?
I'm looking to spend 500-1000. Blemished is even better.
:question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question::question:

TopGunIdaho

imported post

I guess I should have said, what should I look for in a gun safe. Youtube or google is all I need in life. ;)

airfieldguy

imported post

http://www.rhinosafe.com/

D&B stores carry this brand. I got the 22 gun model and am very pleased. They are also made here in Idaho. Not quite the fit and finish of the remington ones you will see at Cabelas, but you wont pay and arm and leg.

TopGunIdaho

imported post

thanks Airfieldguy,
I did find mounting that sucker to the ground is just as important as the safe itself. I was told to store black powder it it also in case the bad guys torch it:shock:
I'll check out D&B today, got to get me some C.O.B. anyway ;)

DCR

imported post

Thanks for the link, airfieldguy - I'm looking for a safe as well and appreciated learning what D&B had. Do you happen to recall what they were asking for the safe, if you don't mind?

Thx -

DCR

ecocks

imported post

Actually, I am looking for one or maybe two of the old-fashioned gunracks that either mount on a wall or free-stand on the floor. Alocking storage area underneath would be handy too.

Anyone seen these for sale around town?