Thread: Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers was arrested

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Forgive me if this has been posted already:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...531_nfl02.html

Browns' Rogers arrested at airport
    Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for having a loaded gun in his carry-on...

By Seattle Times news services

CLEVELAND — Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for having a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage.

Rogers, who had been at the team's suburban training facility in recent days taking part in a voluntary offseason program, was stopped at a security checkpoint when officials spotted a loaded .45-caliber hand gun in his bag, police said in a statement.

He was arrested at 12:15 p.m. "without incident," transferred to a downtown processing center and booked for carrying a concealed weapon, a third-degree felony.

Rogers spent much of the day in the Cleveland city jail but was released in the evening, according to a jail spokesman.

WOIO-TV reported Rogers told officers he forgot the gun was in the bag.

Even if he avoids charges, Rogers, arguably the Browns' best player, could face suspension for violation of the NFL's personal-conduct policy.

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Assuming that he in fact brought a gun into the terminal, AND attempted to bring it onto an aircraft, what exactly made him think he'd get away with it?

TSA is worthless, but not QUITE that worthless.
    Arrogance?
    Steroids?
    A sub-100 IQ?
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

A sub-100 IQ? LOL x 2minutes.....

Deanimator wrote:
    Assuming that he in fact brought a gun into the terminal, AND attempted to bring it onto an aircraft, what exactly made him think he'd get away with it?

TSA is worthless, but not QUITE that worthless.
    Arrogance?
    Steroids?
    A sub-100 IQ?

McX

Post imported post

maybe he thought the permit his flunky got for him was good for air transport?

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    maybe he thought the permit his flunky got for him was good for air transport?
    I need to get me one of those flunky jobs. I'll just write myself one big cashier's check from his account and buy myself a village in the mountains of Guatemala.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

McX

Post imported post

you would have to check with the local drug lord in charge for housing down there i would bet. from readin the charges, you might as well, he will be 'indisposed', so he won't have time to spend it. you'd be doing him a favor.....right?