• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbuck's Telephone Survey

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Got a call about 9:30 tonight asking me if I'd like to participate in a brief phone survey. I said sure, why not and the first question was "Does anyone in your household frequent Starbuck's?" I told the woman that both my wife and I are Starbuckaholics and probably go a dozen times a week. The next question was haveI heard any news about Starbuck's in the media recently...and I knew exactly where this interview was going and spent the next twenty minutes (she orginally told me the it would take 2 - 3 minutes) educating the young lady on all things RTKBA. I couldn't tell if she was colleting info for Starbucks or if it was the Brady Bunch...she was very nice, never condescending, and even giggled atmy answer when she asked me if I had any firearms inmy home, and I said, "A safe full."

Has anyone else gotten this calls?

nova

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
even giggled atmy answer when she asked me if I had any firearms inmy home, and I said, "A safe full."
Was it an evil giggle? Did they ask what time you leave for work everyday? :uhoh::lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Didn't your mommy teach you to never talk to strangers on the phone? :p

Seriously, I don't do telephone surveys - don't know them - don't know there agenda.

Even worse is to knock on my door with this kind of presentation. First question I ask is may I see your county permit - they never have one. Tell them just a minute please and I dial the non-emergency # for Chesterfield PD and request an officer.

For some reason very few strangers ring my doorbell anymore. :cool:

Yata hey

TFred

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Seriously, I don't do telephone surveys - don't know them - don't know there agenda.

Even worse is to knock on my door with this kind of presentation. First question I ask is may I see your county permit - they never have one. Tell them just a minute please and I dial the non-emergency # for Chesterfield PD and request an officer.

For some reason very few strangers ring my doorbell anymore. :cool:

Yata hey
Ha, maybe they've set up a type of "hobo code"... you should check around the approach to your house for chalk signs! ;)

TFred

AbNo

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

See, my phone is not tied to my home address. I'm one step ahead, there. :)

XD Owner

imported post

I've got two different 703 area code phone numbers. One numbersrings inmy home here in Israel. The other number is connected to my laptop, which is also in Israel right now. (Isn't the internet amazing?)

If I don't recognize the number, I usually just let it go to voicemail.

Have not gotten any calls from Starbucks. No Starbucks in Israel for some reason. Lots of open carry though, including M203s. Saw some guys in a mall in shorts and tank tops, and one had a M203 attached to his M4. His buddy just had a M4.