• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

November Election , Which Candidate will you VOTE for ????

Which Candidate for Governor will you Vote for as of Today ?

• Scott Walker (R)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark Newmann (R)

• Barrett (D)

• Other Candidate or Write in

• Total voters

professor gun

imported post

As I recall, Neumann has already stated he favors a shall issue concealed carry law; I have not yet seen anything like that from Walker.

They are really the only choices for me.

Can anyone here shed any light on their stances regarding firearms rights?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

pachanga22 wrote:
I asked Scott Walker about shall issue CCW on his Facebook page and he said if it reached his desk he would sign it
Scott walker said he would sign the bill that Doyle vetoed. Is that what you really want?

You can then kiss OC goodbye. It was a compromise.

Use your vote wisely.

Don't just go with the flow and vote for the media projected front runner. That is why this state is in the mess that it is in right now. Everyone keeps voting in all of these career politicians who do nothing but lie throughout the campaign and leave us to the wolves when it is over.

Simply voting for someone because he is from your county is ridiculous.

Besides if you think that is really Walker answering your questions on Facebook, well then there is absolutely nothing anyone here could possibly teach you.

I will vote for Mark Todd in the Primaries. If he does not make the Primaries I will vote for Nueman.

Unless of course JB throws his hat into the ring.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Has anyone noticed that the poll says there are 8 votes yet there are only 5 posts?

And when you vote the numbers do not change. What does that tell you?

Just some more hype for Walker, nothing more.

stewarthgusmc

imported post

My vote is leaning towards Walker...I sent him an email asking him to state his position on concealed and open carry. Here is his reply...

Dear Hardy,

First of all, thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your interest
in my campaign, and thank you for expressing your thoughts regarding
concealed carry legislation and, more broadly, our Second Amendment
right to bear arms.

I can proudly say that I am a hunter and a member of the National
Rifle Association. I support our Second Amendment rights, and as
Governor, I will support conceal and carry legislation and will fight
for sportsmen and gun owners throughout Wisconsin. That is my
position, and it is clear.

Once again, thank you for contacting me. I hope that you will continue
to keep it touch.

Sincerely,

Scott Walker

I will do my due diligence to confirm his position, but this is a good start.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
pachanga22 wrote:
I asked Scott Walker about shall issue CCW on his Facebook page and he said if it reached his desk he would sign it
Scott walker said he would sign the bill that Doyle vetoed. Is that what you really want?

Use your vote wisely.

Don't just go with the flow and vote for the media projected front runner. That is why this state is in the mess that it is in right now. Everyone keeps voting in all of these career politicians who do nothing but lie throughout the campaign and leave us to the wolves when it is over.

Besides if you think that is really Walker answering your questions on Facebook, well then there is absolutely nothing anyone here could possibly teach you.

I will vote for Mark Todd in the Primaries. If he does not make the Primaries I will vote for Nueman.

It's too bad because he's a good guy, but his christian message has killed him, but..Mark Todd now stands no chance of winning anything. Why?...He's not even on the Radar, when was the last time anyone heard his name on the radio or TV ? ( crickets cherping ) yeah, that's what I thought.

Sgt_Habz

imported post

I've got on both Walker's and Neuman's websites... Nueman is very clear on his positions, including 2A. And on Walker's websites, he only has like 3 positions posted, one of them is "family"... position on family? Seriously? The sanctity of family is what you make of it; don't legislate mine and I won't legislate yours.

Point being, how come everyone says Walker supports our 2A/CCW, but he only defends that position privately through emails and FB. At least Neuman lays it out there for all to see.

I know I'm going to get hammered on the above. But it is what it is.

Along w/ J. Gleason, I would support ultra-conservative Mark Todd if he makes it to the ballot, otherwise Neuman over Walker any day.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
pachanga22 wrote:

Use your vote wisely.

It's too bad because he's a good guy, but his christian message has killed him, but..Mark Todd now stands no chance of winning anything. Why?...He's not even on the Radar, when was the last time anyone heard his name on the radio or TV ? ( crickets cherping ) yeah, that's what I thought.
Wow! what a change in attitude. Hmm have you bothered to talk to Mark about this and give him your opinion?

Just curious.

Hmmm and not even a mention that Mark Todd was the only candidate to host and attend Open Carry events.

Anyways for those of you who are new here, there was a thread started on this very topic:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/30031-1.html

5 questions were posted to all of the candidates for Wisconsin Governor.
All candidates were personally invited to come to the forum and answer these 5 questions.

Only one candidate actually accepted the invitation.

So with that in mind, who is actually more interested ino uphold our rights rather than looking to candy coat every question they are asked throughout the campaign?

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Ben, you are factually incorrect. Scott Walker did take action based on our calls and emails. He asked his legal counsel to give him a legal opinion on the validity of the parks ban. The answer he got from the legal counsel that was SHARED IN A LETTER to me and other members here was that his legal counsel said basically what others have said. Its a gray area, and it hasn't been tested in court, so no one knows.

Furthermore, Scott Walker cannot "strike down" a pre-empted ordinance. Scott Walker can sign or veto legislation that the county board sends to his desk.

As I've suggested before, if you want to change the county parks ban, call your county supervisor. THAT person could introduce legislation at the county level to do so. I assure you that if the county board passed an ordinance repealing the county parks weapons ban, Scott Walker would sign it. I KNOW this because I have spoken at length with Scott Walkers staff.

I can also confirm that Scott Walker would not sacrifice open-carry for conceal carry. I asked his chief of staff this question directly on the phone a month or so ago. Without my even leading the question his staff member said "that would sacrifice to much, why would you sacrifice a right for a privilege" Which is my though exactly.

I'm not about to start the pissing match that we had on this forum a half year ago about candidates, but at the same time, I can't in good conscience sit back and let mis-information be perpetuated on the subject.

Having said all that, I know Mark Neumann is pro-gun also.

For the gun issue, I personally don't know which candidate Mark Neumann or Scott Walker would be "most" pro-gun. Thats just an honest answer. Either Walker or Neumann would be a good choice on the gun issue.

We all know Barrett WOULD NOT.

Barrett is anti-gun, anti-open-carry,and anti-concealed carry.

THAT I'm sure we can all agree on.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The only thing that I have seen Walker state publicly is his support for concealed carry.

And he avoided the question here again;
Dear Hardy,

right to bear arms.

to keep it touch.

Sincerely,

Scott Walker
There is nothing stated about open-carry, he went directly into the "I am hunter and belong to the NRA, fight for sportsmen spiel" and side-stepped a direct question yet again.
Where does he state publicly that he will defend our right to open-carry? My GF is not a sportsman, or a hunter. But she carries a firearm openly whenever she can do so legally.
Walkers reply in the first paragraph was only reiterating what he was asked, and still did not make a statement on open-carry.

Our current choices that have a chance at making it to office are like trying to choose between a hot shiit sandwich, or a steamingbowl of shiit soup! Either way we are not going to be pleased with what we get.

professor gun

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Ben, you are factually incorrect. Scott Walker did take action based on our calls and emails. He asked his legal counsel to give him a legal opinion on the validity of the parks ban. The answer he got from the legal counsel that was SHARED IN A LETTER to me and other members here was that his legal counsel said basically what others have said. Its a gray area, and it hasn't been tested in court, so no one knows.

Furthermore, Scott Walker cannot "strike down" a pre-empted ordinance. Scott Walker can sign or veto legislation that the county board sends to his desk.

As I've suggested before, if you want to change the county parks ban, call your county supervisor. THAT person could introduce legislation at the county level to do so. I assure you that if the county board passed an ordinance repealing the county parks weapons ban, Scott Walker would sign it. I KNOW this because I have spoken at length with Scott Walkers staff.

I can also confirm that Scott Walker would not sacrifice open-carry for conceal carry. I asked his chief of staff this question directly on the phone a month or so ago. Without my even leading the question his staff member said "that would sacrifice to much, why would you sacrifice a right for a privilege" Which is my though exactly.

I'm not about to start the pissing match that we had on this forum a half year ago about candidates, but at the same time, I can't in good conscience sit back and let mis-information be perpetuated on the subject.

For the gun issue, I personally don't know which candidate Mark Neumann or Scott Walker would be "most" pro-gun. Thats just an honest answer. Either Walker or Neumann would be a good choice on the gun issue.

Thanks for this response. This is helpful.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

From Neumann's website, there is nothing about opencarry in there either! Note that he states he would sign "that" bill which was already vetoed twice.

Second Amendment Rights
[line]

Mark supports the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America, which guarantees the right of Americans to bear arms.

Hunting
As a hunter, Mark understands and shares many of the concerns and positions of hunters in Wisconsin. Hunting has been a part of the Neumann family traditions for generations. Mark remains an avid outdoorsman enjoying bow hunting, whitetail rifle hunting, pheasant hunting, and elk hunting on occasion. He is also a member of the National Rifle Association.

Concealed Carry
A crucial element of the Second Amendment is the ability of the people to carry weapons for self-defense. Currently, only two states in the union do not have laws enabling their citizens to carry concealed weapons. Our state is one of them.

The Wisconsin State Legislature tried to pass concealed carry legislation twice, only to be vetoed by Governor Doyle both times. Mark supports the limits and exceptions made in that legislation, and will sign that bill as the next Governor of Wisconsin.

Mark believes that the people of Wisconsin have the right to carry concealed weapons for self-defense. The Founding Fathers believed the same thing.

Mark knows that a Strong Wisconsin is a state where the people can protect themselves

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:

Dam where was I when this information came to light, guess I can't be every where at once lol. Thanks for the update! glad it's before election time! But I would have more than likely voted for Walker anyways. Neumann, Todd, or Walker would be 1,000,000,000 times better than Barret!! AGREED! Time to check out the other issues as well now.

Happy Easter all!

Ben

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

stewarthgusmc wrote:
My vote is leaning towards Walker...I sent him an email asking him to state his position on concealed and open carry. Here is his reply...

Dear Hardy,

right to bear arms.

to keep it touch.

Sincerely,

Scott Walker

I will do my due diligence to confirm his position, but this is a good start.

Just once, when asked about firearm rights, I would like to hear a politician state that he or she is in favor of them without the mandatory "I am a hunter and ...."

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
pachanga22 wrote:

Use your vote wisely.

Wow! what a change in attitude. Hmm have you bothered to talk to Mark about this and give him your opinion?

Just curious.

Hmmm and not even a mention that Mark Todd was the only candidate to host and attend Open Carry events.

Anyways for those of you who are new here, there was a thread started on this very topic:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/30031-1.html

5 questions were posted to all of the candidates for Wisconsin Governor.
All candidates were personally invited to come to the forum and answer these 5 questions.

Only one candidate actually accepted the invitation.

So with that in mind, who is actually more interested ino uphold our rights rather than looking to candy coat every question they are asked throughout the campaign?
The last time I spoke to Mark Todd, was at that Failure of a Christmas fund raiser , he supports the 2A + guns rights & that is very awesome of him. I am not bad mouthing him, he is a very nice guy...But to win the Governorship of a state, you have to get out there, Radio spots, TV spots, etc, etc......Walker & Newmann have him beat hands down & as far as fund raising goes Mark Todd is not even in the same league as those guys & It takes Millions to win an election..... It's too bad, but Mark kinda turned me off at the Christmas Fund raiser in Appleton....WAY too HEAVY on the God thing......Governors have to be able to separate God & Government ( separation of Church & state ) I don't see Mark doing that.

I won't waste my Money or time supporting a person that stands no chance of winning.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
separate God & Government ( separation of Church & state ) I don't see Mark doing that.
Citation in law please.

COTUS, 1A: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

The phrase originated in an 1802 letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists, in part, "...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State." Thomas Jefferson restated and did not expand the the Establishment Clause or the Free Exercise Clause.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$ damn the thug Obamanation.