• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Music to our ears"

Mech

imported post

Alrighty, so, instead of studying for my exam tomorrow like the good student I should be, I got distracted by stuff on youtube...and one thing led to another, ended up with me getting my electric violin out and playing to Taiwanese pop songs...I took a pic of myself. Yall should see very soon why I took the picture...

Sorry for the blurry picture. Was using the timer and for some reason it refused to focus on me...

Wonder if I could actually play at a concert while OC'ing... XD
Pistol is a Sig P226 in Blackhawk SERPA holster

Mech

imported post

Haha thanks! It's been 3 years since I've last played...gosh do I miss it! Darn school work keeps on getting in the way.

Btw, hope no one gets scared by my ugly face XD

Knife in my pocket is a Benchmade 710 :)

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

An American student of Asian descent playing violin to Taiwanese pop music while proudly OCing a German pistol in an American holster in a predominately liberal American state.

Makes me proud of this country!!!

And boy, how about that for flipping the big ol' bird at the stereotypers .... Good job on, well on being you, Mech!!!

Mech

imported post

Haha thanks! I was actually born and raised in Taiwan for 12 years; so I'm quite fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.
Hm..I' wasn't aware of WA being a liberal state; however, I DO know that Maryland (which is where I am for school right now) is pretty anti-guns, which made this picture even more..ironic? Once I was on a flight and chatting with an anesthesiologist from OHSU; after he found out that I'm going to school in Baltimore, he asked me "So, how does a conservative Republican like you fare on a liberal campus?" Had me laughing pretty hard actually.

As to stereotypes...I don't play video games a lot, but nor do I lock myself in the school's library 24/7; I enjoy the outdoors, tend NOT to hang out with an Asian crowd on campus, nor do I have an aversion to firearms. In fact, I can safely say firearms is a hobby of mine. Oh, and all the girls I've dated (middle school til now) have been Caucasians. In fact, my last girlfriend of 2 years (I'm still pretty torn up about it; we ended things about a month ago) is from Kansas City, Missouri! I've driven from MD to MO with her in one night (I drove for 15 hours straight through the night) and absolutely loved the drive! :)

And yep, I'm proud of this great country and may God shine his light on it forever!

Trigger Dr

imported post

Mech wrote: Haha thanks! I was actually born and raised in Taiwan for 12 years; so I'm quite fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.

Wow, you are qualified to run for president;):celebrate

Mech

imported post

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. It hasn't been easy for me to start the OC'ing process...getting a job as a college student and saving up enough $$ to purchase my first handgun, having to hide the fact I have a handgun and that I OC from the rest of my family, and my girlfriend (now ex...) getting so worked up with me having a gun that it contributed to her leaving me for another guy...and she's from Missouri! How ironic is that??!

Most of my friends here at college in Maryland do not understand why I OC, but thankfully, I have you guys on this forum, and when I'm back in WA, I always OC and have had nothing but positive encounters. The journey's been long and hard and I had my heart broken by my ex, but this is a very worthy cause; I've picked up the pieces, and I'll carry forth.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mech wrote:
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. It hasn't been easy for me to start the OC'ing process...getting a job as a college student and saving up enough $$ to purchase my first handgun, having to hide the fact I have a handgun and that I OC from the rest of my family, and my girlfriend (now ex...) getting so worked up with me having a gun that it contributed to her leaving me for another guy...most of my friends here at college in Maryland do not understand why I OC, but thankfully, I have you guys on this forum, and when I'm back in WA, I always OC and have had nothing but positive encounters. The journey's been long and hard and I had my heart broken by my ex, but this is a very worthy cause; I've picked up the pieces, and I'll carry forth.

Some things are worth sacrificing for, consider Abraham Clark, signer of the Declaration of Independence, who pledge his 'lives, fortune and sacred honor."

Mr Clark was aked to renounce his signiture on the Declaration of Independence when his sons were captured in exchange for their release. He chose to NOT renounce his support for the Declaration. Would you allow your own sons to continue to be tortured and possibly killed?
Two or three of the sons of Mr. Clark were officers in the army, during the revolutionary struggle. Unfortunately they were captured by the enemy. During a part of their captivity, their sufferings were extreme, being confined in the notorious prison ship, Jersey. Painful as the condition of his sons was, Mr. Clark scrupulously avoided calling the attention of congress to the subject, excepting in a single instance. One of his sons, a captain of artillery, had been cast into a dungeon, where he received no other food than that which was conveyed to him by his fellow prisoners, through a keyhole. On a representation of these facts to congress, that body immediately directed a course of retaliation in respect to a British officer. This had the desired effect, and Captain Clark's condition was improved.

http://colonialhall.com/clark/clark.php

Mech...don't give up, don't ever give up!