Thread: OC in Mauston

Post imported post

I guess it's time for my OC list. (I'm pretty excited.)

Both Kwik Trip stores

Pilot travel center

Walgreens

Festival Foods

K-Mart

The Barber Shop

Bumper to Bumper

Culvers

Wendys

Subway

There are only a few more places to carry in Mauston, pretty small town. I guess I can add a few places in Tomah too, KFC, Wal-Mart, and McDonalds. I will have a few more Tomah places after this weekend.

"I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

I would aslo like to add, The bank of Mauston and hearty platter. So far the only "problem" was at festivsl foods,a woman was yelling at her boyfriend very loudly after I walked off. (We had a short conversation prior to the yelling.) So far, so good.

Post imported post

Quick question. If I were to OC at my barbers and get my hair cut wouldn't I be concealed carry when they put the barbers bib on me? Would that be legal if I had consent since it is private property? I am probably mistaken but I was under the impression that cc on private property with owners permission was legal if not open to the public. Not sure if the public thing matters and can't quote caselaw as I am refferring to something I read many years ago and am asking only because I don't the case law so please don't ask for it.

If cc is legal on private property is it required to have written permission or is verbal permission acceptable?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
    Quick question. If I were to OC at my barbers and get my hair cut wouldn't I be concealed carry when they put the barbers bib on me?
    With all of the private property issue aside, yes, if you cover up your firearm with the bib, then yes it is concealed. I don't carry when I get my haircut because of this.

Someone in the past suggested that I ask for a clear bib... interesting idea.

Banned

Post imported post

Why not just ask your barbers permission?

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Please site state statute / case law that allows for an owner / manager to grant permission to possess a concealed firearm. I am aware of no such exception.

Post imported post

There is a you tube video where some guy(christian edwards)is being a real jerk to themauston policechief regarding open carrying in the Library.Edwards just kept hounding the chief and ,in my opinion,sort of gave a poor impression of open carry.I believe in educating and understand wanting to get a point across,but I also believe it should be done with tact and respect if we expect the same in return and want a good reputation.first impressions mean alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDEV...eature=related

Post imported post

Is there any certain amount or part of the firearm which needs to be visible t all times to be considered open carry?

Post imported post

I can't state case law which is why I was asking about it. The only time I dealt with the issue of CC is slightly different circumstances and as I am realizing I may just have been lucky I was never confronted with the issue or I may have had many more legal issues I never wanted.

Rather than derail this conversation I will start a new thread on my continued questions regarding this though. Thanks.

Post imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
    I can't state case law which is why I was asking about it. The only time I dealt with the issue of CC is slightly different circumstances and as I am realizing I may just have been lucky I was never confronted with the issue or I may have had many more legal issues I never wanted.

Rather than derail this conversation I will start a new thread on my continued questions regarding this though. Thanks.
    Oh no, thank you.

I also forgot to add, True Value, Mobile gas station, Movie Gallery, and the cell place in the same strip mall.