• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Mauston

Mlutz

imported post

I guess it's time for my OC list. (I'm pretty excited.)

Both Kwik Trip stores

Pilot travel center

Walgreens

Festival Foods

K-Mart

The Barber Shop

Bumper to Bumper

Culvers

Wendys

Subway

There are only a few more places to carry in Mauston, pretty small town. I guess I can add a few places in Tomah too, KFC, Wal-Mart, and McDonalds. I will have a few more Tomah places after this weekend.

Mlutz

imported post

I would aslo like to add, The bank of Mauston and hearty platter. So far the only "problem" was at festivsl foods,a woman was yelling at her boyfriend very loudly after I walked off. (We had a short conversation prior to the yelling.) So far, so good.

Cobra469

imported post

Quick question. If I were to OC at my barbers and get my hair cut wouldn't I be concealed carry when they put the barbers bib on me? Would that be legal if I had consent since it is private property? I am probably mistaken but I was under the impression that cc on private property with owners permission was legal if not open to the public. Not sure if the public thing matters and can't quote caselaw as I am refferring to something I read many years ago and am asking only because I don't the case law so please don't ask for it.

If cc is legal on private property is it required to have written permission or is verbal permission acceptable?

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
Quick question. If I were to OC at my barbers and get my hair cut wouldn't I be concealed carry when they put the barbers bib on me?
With all of the private property issue aside, yes, if you cover up your firearm with the bib, then yes it is concealed. I don't carry when I get my haircut because of this.

Someone in the past suggested that I ask for a clear bib... interesting idea.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Please site state statute / case law that allows for an owner / manager to grant permission to possess a concealed firearm. I am aware of no such exception.

revolverrandy

imported post

There is a you tube video where some guy(christian edwards)is being a real jerk to themauston policechief regarding open carrying in the Library.Edwards just kept hounding the chief and ,in my opinion,sort of gave a poor impression of open carry.I believe in educating and understand wanting to get a point across,but I also believe it should be done with tact and respect if we expect the same in return and want a good reputation.first impressions mean alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aDEVhQviBg&feature=related

revolverrandy

imported post

Is there any certain amount or part of the firearm which needs to be visible t all times to be considered open carry?

Cobra469

imported post

I can't state case law which is why I was asking about it. The only time I dealt with the issue of CC is slightly different circumstances and as I am realizing I may just have been lucky I was never confronted with the issue or I may have had many more legal issues I never wanted.

Rather than derail this conversation I will start a new thread on my continued questions regarding this though. Thanks.

Mlutz

imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
I can't state case law which is why I was asking about it. The only time I dealt with the issue of CC is slightly different circumstances and as I am realizing I may just have been lucky I was never confronted with the issue or I may have had many more legal issues I never wanted.

Rather than derail this conversation I will start a new thread on my continued questions regarding this though. Thanks.

Oh no, thank you.

I also forgot to add, True Value, Mobile gas station, Movie Gallery, and the cell place in the same strip mall.