Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Cracker Barrel Convenience Stores are Carry Friendly

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises.

    Alarmed at this sign I took down the "1-800 Tell us how we're doing telephone number", called it and left a message.

    By 9A a lady from Cracker Barrel corporate returned by call (apologies for not remembering her name). I explained to her that with the relatively high number of concealed carry holders and other people who were lawful carriers of side arms and those who open carry here in the state of Louisiana, the sign in this store was discouraging and prohibiting those law abiding citizens from patronizing their stores.

    I shared with her that most all of the shooting sprees in recent years have been in weapons-free zones-like the Virginia Tech, Fort Hood, Columbine, etc., etc., and asked her if she honestly thought a sign prohibiting the carrying of weapons on their premises would prevent a criminal from entering their store.

    Almost before I asked her how they were going to provide their customers a safe shopping environment, she said that this sign was printed not for their customers, but for their store employees.

    In short, Cracker Barrel stores in Louisiana welcome all citizens who lawfully carry a firearm to patronize their locations.

    Dirty

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    They must have a pretty dumb bunch of people working for them if they have to put up a sign to remind them.

    Thanks for the info and calling them.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    42

    Post imported post

    Mark-

    She told me the sign WILL come down as soon as she contacted the location.

    Early on during the phone call I mentioned that I hoped not to be compelled to add their business to the No-Gun-No-Money do not patonize list of non-gun-friendly businesses 2nd Amendment Advocated maintain.

    Dirty

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    dirty_sanchez wrote:
    Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises.
    SNIP
    This seems to be a bit akin to locking the barn after the horses have been stolen.

    I'm probably wrong here butI think a "No Weapons" sign should be placed atentrances to notify those carrying before they enter the building.

  5. #5
    Regular Member barf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nawlins, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    259

    Post imported post

    Shhhh. Don't tell them.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    dirty_sanchez wrote:
    Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises.
    SNIP
    This seems to be a bit akin to locking the barn after the horses have been stolen.

    I'm probably wrong here butI think a "No Weapons" sign should be placed atentrances to notify those carrying before they enter the building.
    The sign is not for customers it's for CB employee's they just put it in the wrong place in that store. I was in another CB yesterday that I go in alot and I asked if they had a sign and told about this thread.

    She told me yes so I went behind the counter and there it was it was taped below the Lotto stuff where only a person behind the counter could see it. She told me it was for them NOT customers.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222

    Post imported post

    charlie12 wrote:
    The sign is not for customers it's for CB employee's they just put it in the wrong place in that store. I was in another CB yesterday that I go in alot and I asked if they had a sign and told about this thread.

    She told me yes so I went behind the counter and there it was it was taped below the Lotto stuff where only a person behind the counter could see it. She told me it was for them NOT customers.
    Sounds hinky to me. Think about it. They need to put a neon sign up to remind their employees that they are not allowed to carry guns at work? Are there signs saying No dope smoking? Are there No Masterbating signs behind the counter? Good grief.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    yale wrote:
    charlie12 wrote:
    The sign is not for customers it's for CB employee's they just put it in the wrong place in that store. I was in another CB yesterday that I go in alot and I asked if they had a sign and told about this thread.

    She told me yes so I went behind the counter and there it was it was taped below the Lotto stuff where only a person behind the counter could see it. She told me it was for them NOT customers.
    Sounds hinky to me. Think about it. They need to put a neon sign up to remind their employees that they are not allowed to carry guns at work? Are there signs saying No dope smoking? Are there No Masterbating signs behind the counter? Good grief.
    You would think that when they hire someone they would tell them the rules and that would be good enough. But after knowing some CB workers over the years I can see why they need to remind them.




  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    charlie12 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    dirty_sanchez wrote:
    Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises.
    SNIP
    This seems to be a bit akin to locking the barn after the horses have been stolen.

    I'm probably wrong here butI think a "No Weapons" sign should be placed atentrances to notify those carrying before they enter the building.
    The sign is not for customers it's for CB employee's they just put it in the wrong place in that store. I was in another CB yesterday that I go in alot and I asked if they had a sign and told about this thread.

    She told me yes so I went behind the counter and there it was it was taped below the Lotto stuff where only a person behind the counter could see it. She told me it was for them NOT customers.
    Sorry for my confusion, this is the part I obviously was mistaken about:

    "Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises."

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    what about the restaurants that have a sign to remind employees to wash their hands before returning back to work?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    545

    Post imported post

    My girlfriend has been inone Cracker Barrel store every day for 15 years. Talking to the same clerk and when she saw her in Walmart she didn't know who my girlfriend was.

    So the probably do needs signs to remind them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •