• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cracker Barrel Convenience Stores are Carry Friendly

dirty_sanchez

imported post

Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises.

Alarmed at this sign I took down the "1-800 Tell us how we're doing telephone number", called it and left a message.

By 9A a lady from Cracker Barrel corporate returned by call (apologies for not remembering her name). I explained to her that with the relatively high number of concealed carry holders and other people who were lawful carriers of side arms and those who open carry here in the state of Louisiana, the sign in this store was discouraging and prohibiting those law abiding citizens from patronizing their stores.

I shared with her that most all of the shooting sprees in recent years have been in weapons-free zones-like the Virginia Tech, Fort Hood, Columbine, etc., etc., and asked her if she honestly thought a sign prohibiting the carrying of weapons on their premises would prevent a criminal from entering their store.

Almost before I asked her how they were going to provide their customers a safe shopping environment, she said that this sign was printed not for their customers, but for their store employees.

In short, Cracker Barrel stores in Louisiana welcome all citizens who lawfully carry a firearm to patronize their locations.

Dirty

dirty_sanchez

imported post

Mark-

She told me the sign WILL come down as soon as she contacted the location.

Early on during the phone call I mentioned that I hoped not to be compelled to add their business to the No-Gun-No-Money do not patonize list of non-gun-friendly businesses 2nd Amendment Advocated maintain.

Dirty

SpringerXDacp

imported post

dirty_sanchez wrote:
Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises.
SNIP

This seems to be a bit akin to locking the barn after the horses have been stolen.

I'm probably wrong here butI think a "No Weapons" sign should be placed atentrances to notify those carrying before they enter the building.

charlie12

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
dirty_sanchez wrote:
SNIP

This seems to be a bit akin to locking the barn after the horses have been stolen.

I'm probably wrong here butI think a "No Weapons" sign should be placed atentrances to notify those carrying before they enter the building.

The sign is not for customers it's for CB employee's they just put it in the wrong place in that store. I was in another CB yesterday that I go in alot and I asked if they had a sign and told about this thread.

She told me yes so I went behind the counter and there it was it was taped below the Lotto stuff where only a person behind the counter could see it. She told me it was for them NOT customers.

sraacke

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
The sign is not for customers it's for CB employee's they just put it in the wrong place in that store. I was in another CB yesterday that I go in alot and I asked if they had a sign and told about this thread.

She told me yes so I went behind the counter and there it was it was taped below the Lotto stuff where only a person behind the counter could see it. She told me it was for them NOT customers.
Sounds hinky to me. Think about it. They need to put a neon sign up to remind their employees that they are not allowed to carry guns at work? Are there signs saying No dope smoking? Are there No Masterbating signs behind the counter? Good grief.

charlie12

imported post

yale wrote:
charlie12 wrote:

Sounds hinky to me. Think about it. They need to put a neon sign up to remind their employees that they are not allowed to carry guns at work? Are there signs saying No dope smoking? Are there No Masterbating signs behind the counter? Good grief.
You would think that when they hire someone they would tell them the rules and that would be good enough. But after knowing some CB workers over the years I can see why they need to remind them. :lol:

SpringerXDacp

imported post

charlie12 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
dirty_sanchez wrote:
SNIP

Sorry for my confusion, this is the part I obviously was mistaken about:

"Yesterday morning I noticed above the cash register at the Cracker Barrel on Tiger Bend and Old Antioch Rd.-a green day-glo sign facing customers as they stand at the cash register stating that no weapons were allowed on premises."

DoberLouisiana

imported post

what about the restaurants that have a sign to remind employees to wash their hands before returning back to work?

charlie12

imported post

My girlfriend has been inone Cracker Barrel store every day for 15 years. Talking to the same clerk and when she saw her in Walmart she didn't know who my girlfriend was.

So the probably do needs signs to remind them