Thread: OC at Bob & Rocco show

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Post imported post

Today and tomorrow at the Madison Marriot. Is OC allowed? Thanks in advance.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

This will be an interesting answer because this Mariott is hosting the Wisconsin Town lawyers conference on 30 April. Maybe I'll attend this venue of the conference.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

If I recall correctly, Bob and Rocco shows do not welcome opencarry.

You cantry and if they turn you away, then you have your answer.

Post imported post

I've never carried into a Bob and Rocoo show but I have attended a few recently.
    If you bring in a firearm the action gets zip-tied open and they give you a little colored dot sticker that they check on the way out so they know you didn't steal the firearm.

Post imported post

i've carried at the bob and rocco show, and so have 2 others that i know.

i did find out though that bob and rocco apparently doesn't know crap as he told one of the other guys that carrying a loaded firearm is not legal in Wisconsin.

how the hell you gonna host gun shows on a monthly basis, and not at least know the basics??? *rolls eyes*.

i knows he's eyed me up a couple times when I've carried at the shows, but never approached me about it.

Post imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
    If I recall correctly, Bob and Rocco shows do not welcome opencarry.

You cantry and if they turn you away, then you have your answer.
    The last show I was at, they wanted to check my firearm and disable it with a zip tie. I told him that I am not selling it, I am carrying it for personal protection. After that, he did not want to to see it, touch it OR have me take it out of the holster.

They were fine. Just do not take it out of the holster to show it to any body. Any firearm that is to be handled MUST be unloaded and disabled.

In addition, The Madison Mariott is not a gov. owned building like many Bob & Rocco shows are held at.

Edited to add that at the time of the Onalaska show, Mr. Pucci has given Wicsosin Carry tables at the rest of the his shows for the year, except Madison and the one just before it becuase they were already booked. Wisconsin Carry will be at the rest fo the shows this year. Check WCI Events Page.

Post imported post

I'm heading down there in the morning. I haven't carried at one of their shows, but I'm going to think about it. Any advice on getting past the standard issue grumpy old men at the front desk with minimal hassle?